Consider purchasing or updating a life insurance policy and designating Montreat College as beneficiary. Here are some options:
- Purchase a new life insurance policy (term or permanent) and designate the college as beneficiary.
- Consider allocating your Required Minimum Distribution (RMD) from an IRA to make life insurance premium payments each year.
- A permanent life insurance policy can provide an inheritance for loved ones or gifts to charity, and it can offer flexibility and certainty for you to reach your legacy goals.
- Change an existing life insurance policy (term or permanent) to include the college as a partial or full beneficiary.
Life insurance can be an affordable option. Most financial advisors or qualified insurance agents can provide tools like an insurance calculator that will illustrate how much insurance you can purchase based on your age, health, and overall financial goals. Premiums for permanent insurance increase with age and insurance value; however, with a 20-year horizon or less, a term life insurance policy may provide the most affordable option to afford the most generous single gift of your lifetime.
Not sure how to get started?
Answer a few simple questions, and we’ll point you down the right path.
Want to speak with someone at the college?
Vice President for Advancement
- Contact Garrett Luck, Vice President for Advancement, at firstname.lastname@example.org for additional information on planned giving.
- Seek the advice of your financial or legal advisor.
- If you include Montreat College in your estate plans, please use our legal name and federal tax ID.
- Legal Name: Montreat College
- Address: P.O. Box 1267, Montreat, NC 28757
- Federal Tax ID Number: 56-0543261
Learn about the many benefits of a charitable gift annuity in our FREE guide.