Our leaders are distinctive in their commitment to Christ. That makes Montreat unique—even among many church-affiliated institutions. That commitment forms the foundation for everything we do.
Paul J. Maurer brings a wealth of experience as the eighth president of Montreat College. As a visionary and results-driven Christian leader, he believes deeply in the value of Christ-centered higher education. Drawing from more than 25 years of leadership in nonprofit and higher education administration, Dr. Maurer has led efforts in governance, organizational development, marketing and communications, adult and graduate studies, and government relations.
Members of the President’s Cabinet are:
- Sara Baughman, Vice President for Marketing and Communications | email@example.com
- Daniel Bennett, Ph.D., Vice President for Student Services | firstname.lastname@example.org
- Brian Guengerich, Interim Vice President of Advancement | email@example.com
- Jose Larios, Vice President for Enrollment Management and Athletics | firstname.lastname@example.org
- Linda Neuzil, Ed.D., Interim Vice President for Academic Affairs | email@example.com
- David Poole, Ed.D., Vice President for Adult and Graduate Studies | firstname.lastname@example.org
- John Truschel, M.B.A., Vice President for Finance and Administration | email@example.com
2020-21 Board of Trustees
- Mr. W. Allen Bell—Atlanta, GA
- Dr. David Bruce—Black Mountain, NC (chair)
- Dr. William E. Dudley—Signal Mountain, TN
- Rev. Dr. J. Howard Edington—Montreat, NC
- Ms. K. Anne Gant—Burlington, NC
- Mr. William B. Haynes—Greer, SC
- Dr. Jeffrey E. Heck—Asheville, NC
- Mr. Ned J. Kiser—Lake Lure, NC
- Mr. Robert P. Klepper—Asheville, NC
- Mr. Richard B. Moffatt III—Chattanooga, TN
- Mr. H. Benjamin Scott, Jr.—Minneapolis, MN
- Mr. Bill Shipley—Charlotte, NC
- Mrs. Suzanne Sloan—Montreat, NC
- Ms. Lynne P. Veerman—Orlando, FL
President’s Advisory Council
The President’s Advisory Council is a group of business, ministry, and civic leaders who come alongside Montreat College in an advisory role as we seek to be a leader in Christ-centered higher education regionally, nationally, and internationally.
Montreat College’s bylaws and articles of incorporation are available for public view.