Our leaders are distinctive in their commitment to Christ. That makes Montreat unique—even among many church-affiliated institutions. That commitment forms the foundation for everything we do.
Paul J. Maurer brings a wealth of experience as the eighth president of Montreat College. As a visionary and results-driven Christian leader, he believes deeply in the value of Christ-centered higher education. Drawing from more than 25 years of leadership in nonprofit and higher education administration, Dr. Maurer has led efforts in governance, organizational development, marketing and communications, adult and graduate studies, and government relations.
Learn more about President Maurer
Members of the President’s Cabinet are:
- Sara Baughman, Vice President for Marketing and Communications | firstname.lastname@example.org
- John Beaghan, Vice President for Finance & Administration | email@example.com
- Daniel Bennett, Ph.D., Vice President for Student Services | firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mark Hijleh, Vice President for Academic Affairs | email@example.com
- Jose Larios, Vice President for Enrollment Management | firstname.lastname@example.org
- Garrett Luck, Vice President for Advancement | email@example.com
- David Poole, Ed.D., Vice President for Adult and Graduate Studies | firstname.lastname@example.org
2022-23 Board of Trustees
- Dr. David Bruce—Black Mountain, NC
- Mr. Matthew Burril—Asheville, NC
- Mr. Charlie Davidson—Charlotte, NC
- Ms. H. Claire Efird—Wilmington, NC
- Mrs. Leila N. Erwin—Morganton, NC
- Ms. K. Anne Gant—Burlington, NC
- Mr. Edward Graham—Boone, NC
- Dr. Jeffrey E. Heck—Asheville, NC (chair)
- Mr. Tyler Johnson—Charlotte, NC
- Mr. Ned J. Kiser—Lake Lure, NC
- Mr. Robert P. Klepper—Asheville, NC
- Ambassador Philip Kosnett (Ret.)—Black Mountain, NC
- Pastor George K. Logan—Morganton, NC
- Mr. Richard Milam—Burnsville, NC
- Mr. Jim Moore—Charlotte, NC
- Mr. Roger A. Oxendale—Nebo, NC
- Mr. Bill Shipley—Charlotte, NC
- Mr. Ed Skoudis
- Mrs. Suzanne Sloan—Montreat, NC
- Rev. Dr. David Swanson—Orlando, FL
- Rev. Dr. Mark Toone—Gig Harbor, Washington
- Ms. Lynne P. Veerman—Orlando, FL
Learn more about the trustees here
President’s Advisory Council
The President’s Advisory Council is a group of business, ministry, and civic leaders who come alongside Montreat College in an advisory role as we seek to be a leader in Christ-centered higher education regionally, nationally, and internationally.
Learn more about the President’s Advisory Council
View Montreat College’s Strategic Plan.
Montreat College’s bylaws and articles of incorporation are available for public view.