Our leaders are distinctive in their commitment to Christ. That makes Montreat unique—even among many church-affiliated institutions. That commitment forms the foundation for everything we do.
Paul J. Maurer brings a wealth of experience as the eighth president of Montreat College. As a visionary and results-driven Christian leader, he believes deeply in the value of Christ-centered higher education. Drawing from more than 25 years of leadership in nonprofit and higher education administration, Dr. Maurer has led efforts in governance, organizational development, marketing and communications, adult and graduate studies, and government relations.
Members of the President’s Cabinet are:
- Daniel Bennett, Ph.D., Vice President for Student Services | firstname.lastname@example.org
- Jack Heinen, M.B.A., Vice President for Finance and Administration | email@example.com
- Kristin Janes, M.O.L., Vice President for Enrollment Management | firstname.lastname@example.org
- Greg Kerr, Ph.D., Vice President for Academic Affairs and Dean of the College | email@example.com
- Joe B. Kirkland, III, M.A., Counselor to the President | firstname.lastname@example.org
Board of Trustees
2017-18 Board of Trustees
- Mr. W. Allen Bell — Atlanta, GA
- Dr. David Bruce — Black Mountain, NC (chair)
- Dr. William E. Dudley — Signal Mountain, TN
- Rev. Dr. J. Howard Edington — Montreat, NC
- Ms. H. Claire Efird — Wilmington, NC
- Mr. William B. Haynes — Greer, SC
- Dr. Jeff Heck—Asheville, NC
- Pastor George K. Logan — Morganton, NC
- Mr. Richard Moffatt III — Chattanooga, TN
- Mr. Justin P. Ramb — Orlando, FL
- Mr. Harold Benjamin Scott, Jr. — Minneapolis, MN
- Ms. Dayle L. Seneff — Winter Park, FL
- Mrs. Suzanne R. Sloan — Charlotte, NC
- Mrs. Lynne Veerman—Orlando, FL
President’s Advisory Council
The President’s Advisory Council is a group of business, ministry, and civic leaders who come alongside Montreat College in an advisory role as we seek to be a leader in Christ-centered higher education regionally, nationally, and internationally.
Montreat College’s bylaws and articles of incorporation are available for public view.