CLEP Information and Registration
The College-Level Examination Program (CLEP) helps you receive college credit for course content you already know if you earn a qualifying score on the examination. Test credit is applied according to the published policy at the time the credit is received and posted by Montreat College. For updated information regarding this and all other important CLEP policies, please visit the CLEP section in the Montreat College Academic Catalog. Please note: Montreat College does not offer the optional essay component for the CLEP College Composition Modular Exam. Only the multiple-choice section is administered for this particular subject at our test center.
Please visit the College Board website for tips on preparing for the exam and various resources. Test takers planning to complete the Calculus, Chemistry, College Algebra, College Mathematics, or Pre-calculus exams may access practice online calculators by using the College Board practice site. Please note: test takers are not allowed to bring and use their own calculator for the CLEP exam. If a calculator is needed it will be included in the exam software.
- Review all CLEP information and Montreat College Testing Center policies.
- Submit written documentation of a disability from the campus counselor to make accommodated testing arrangements two weeks prior to your scheduled test date. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- Create an Account and register with CollegeBoard to pay the $89 CLEP exam fee through the MyAccount portal. Once you register, make sure to print your CLEP Exam Registration Ticket and be sure to present it on the day of your test. Test takers will not be permitted to take the CLEP test without a printed copy of the Exam Registration Ticket. A screenshot on a smart device will not be accepted.
- To reserve a seat in our testing center and schedule a specific date and time for your exam, you must register and pay your non-refundable and non-transferable, $25 administrative fee. Complete registration and payment online at the CLEP Scheduling Request Form.
- After completing the Montreat College online registration and scheduling process, check your Montreat.edu email for the test registration confirmation. The College Board CLEP Exam Registration Ticket is required and must be presented on test day to be admitted to take your exam.
Plan to arrive 15-minutes prior to your scheduled appointment time. Examinees arriving late may not be admitted and will forfeit any fees paid. A government issued, photo ID is required to test. The ID must be:
- List the test taker’s full name
- Show the test taker’s signature
Examples of valid IDs include state issued driver’s license, passport, military ID, or state issued ID.
Bring the College Board CLEP Exam Registration Ticket. This is required and must be presented on test day to be admitted to take your exam.
A CLEP may not be retaken within a 3-month period. This waiting period provides the test taker with an opportunity to spend additional time preparing for the exam or the option of taking a classroom course.
Once you complete the CLEP test, you will receive a print out of your results. These are not official results, so are not accepted by Montreat College. Official results will be sent 1-2 weeks after your test date.