Disability Services

We’re focused on developing graduates who are prepared to make a difference. And that means you. We’re here to support your academic, social, personal, and spiritual development—and we’re willing to go the extra mile for your success.

Supporting every student.

We provide reasonable accommodations for known disabilities—whether it’s visual, hearing, mobility, medical, or learning. You may also qualify for disabilities not listed here. To determine eligibility and seek support services, please take the following steps:

*Please note that you may be requested to participate in additional evaluations to confirm the disability.

The Thrive Center, in conjunction with other appropriate personnel, will assess your documentation and determine if any of the requested accommodations are reasonable. The Disability Services Coordinator serves as a liaison between you, your parents, and faculty/staff who will work with you to develop and implement a plan for academic accessibility. As part of such a plan, you may be directed to the Counseling Center and/or Health Services, in addition to the services in the Thrive Center. Over time, the Thrive Center will communicate regularly with all parties to ensure that the plan for academic access is followed.

To learn more or apply, please send documentation to Disability Services Coordinator Ashley Rhymer by email at ashley.rhymer@montreat.edu or by mail to:

Ashley Rhymer
The Thrive Center
Montreat College
PO Box 1267
Montreat, NC 28757