The completed Learning Contract will become the guiding document, much like a syllabus, for the learning outcomes and assessment of your internship experience. Prior to your participation in the practicum/internship experience, your contract must be submitted and then approved by your Faculty Supervisor and On-Site Supervisor, and the Associate Dean for Learning, Calling, and Career. Once approved, you will receive an e-mail notification and you will be registered for the appropriate internship course in your major.
Before completing the contract, please be prepared to provide the following:
- Confirmation that you have reviewed the Internship Manual and have spoken with your faculty advisor about this internship opportunity
- Names and contact information for each supervisor
- Summary of intern’s responsibilities
- SMART Goals* for development of interpersonal skills and personal qualities desired by all employers
- SMART Goals* for development of industry specific skills related to your major
*(See pp. 8-10 of Internship Manual for guide to writing SMART goals)