Join us this summer for a week you will never forget!
Camp Update related to COVID-19 (5/28/2020)
COVID-19 Update: Unfortunately, due to the safety concerns related to the COVID-19 outbreak, this year’s summer camp is cancelled. While disappointed, we look forward to returning the camp to our calendar for the summer of 2021 and when those dates are available will post them here. If you have any questions, please contact email@example.com. Thank you!
About the Running Camp (July 6-11, 2020)
Get in shape, grow in faith, and conquer Lookout.
Join us this summer for a week you will never forget.
Thirteen years ago, the moment I set foot on the campus of Montreat College and its Black Mountain Campus, I immediately envisioned hosting a residential cross country camp. Its proximity to the variety of parks and trail heads, including the creeks and lakes– it was perfect. I knew Montreat, with its natural beauty, including the great summer weather and elevation changes, would be the home of the Cavalier Distance Running Camp.
Simply put, Montreat College had all the tools for an awesome running camp: trails, streams, a beautiful campus, seclusion, yet a short drive to hit the Asheville city-life! But with so many running camps across the country, Coach Jason Lewkowicz and I felt it was important that we provide our campers with a superior running camp experience, in a Christ-centered environment… where middle school, high school, and college runners could gather, train, and be motivated in the fellowship of other young Christians.
Naturally, the staff that will serve you during your week at the Montreat College Running Camp was hand-selected for their Christian leadership and their knowledge of our sport. They motivate me in my personal walk, as I am sure they will do the same for you.
It is our hope that once you experience our camp you:
- had a ton of fun!
- had an amazing week of fellowship with other young Christians!
- were educated in many aspects of training and athletic preparation by a knowledgeable staff.
- had many opportunities to praise and worship God!
- left motivated and ready to have a tremendous cross country and track season!
Hope to see you this summer,
Coach Jose Larios
Athletic Director at Montreat College (Montreat, NC).
Date | July 6-11, 2020
Location | Montreat, North Carolina | Access a campus map
Activities | Running, learning sessions, team activities, guest speakers, and lots of fun!
Bed linens/bath towels will be provided for all campers. Please bring an extra towel for any outside swimming, ice baths, etc.
If you have not already done so, please pay your camp deposit and/or the full camp payment online. All fees will be due at camp check-in.
Check-In is Monday, July 6 from 10am-12pm on the front porch of Howerton Hall. Check-out is Saturday, July 11 from 8am-10am at Davis Hall.
High School Cross Country Runners (9th-12th grade)
A limited number of spots will be available to middle school runners with prior running experience. All middle school runners must be accompanied by an adult for the duration of camp. This can be a parent or a coach if it is a team.
This residential camp will include clean, air-conditioned dorm rooms (double occupancy required in each room- bunk beds) in Montreat College’s Davis Hall and three all-you-can-eat meals per day in the Howerton Dining Hall, continental breakfast bar, deli and fruit bar, and catered meals. Your camp fee will also cover all activities and your awesome annual camp t-shirt!
There is a $100.00 deposit to secure your spot, which is required within two weeks of registering. The remaining balance is due at check-in.
- Cost per camper: $500.00
- Cost per coach: $350.00 or FREE with 7 paid runners
- Cost per parent (middle school only): $350.00
Gift Bags! Each runner will receive a super cool camp t-shirt, Montreat College souvenir, and all lecture handouts/materials. There may be a few extra surprises thrown in!
What to Bring
All campers are asked to:
- Bring your Bibles!
- Come prepared to train!
- Pack ample running clothes and proper shoes! 2 pairs of running shoes are recommended
- Arrive with a positive attitude and willingness to be challenged!
- Bring an extra towel for outside activities
- Extra cash (not too much) for any trips we make into Black Mountain/Asheville
- Benadryl (for bee stings, or if you deal with allergies, etc)
What not to Bring
Please DO NOT bring:
- Any valuables/wallets/purses/excessive cash
- A poor attitude and laziness!
- TVs or Video Games (forget about it!)
- Cell phones are allowed and campers are encouraged to use them only to check in with family throughout the week…and maybe to grab a few pictures of the beautiful mountain scenery!
Register for Running Camp
Registration has been canceled for this year due to COVID-19.