The opening of each semester is a wonderful opportunity for you to immerse yourself in campus life and get to know your classmates before classes begin. Typically, this period is led by current students and staff who work to provide scheduled activities that will take you on a deep-dive into our beautiful campus and surrounding areas. We believe that Welcome Week is critical for your success as you transition as a new Montreat College student. In acknowledgment of COVID-19 and it’s potential impact on our move-in/welcome week activities, college staff is currently working to develop various plans for a smooth and safe start to our fall semester that also still reaches the goal of supporting your transition as a new Montreat College student.
- June 2020: First round of housing placements made for new/incoming students
- July 2020: Second round of housing placements made for new/incoming students
- July 16, 2020: Cavalier Connect Day (virtual orientation for all new deposited students)
- July 30, 2020: Cavalier Connect Day (virtual orientation for all new deposited students)
- Please note that details on move-in, welcome week, and the first day of classes are still being determined by college leadership in conjunction with local health officials.
New Student Move-In
For information on what to bring for your room please see the Packing List.
As we approach the summer months, the student life office will be providing more information on dates, times, and additional information.
Accepted Students Checklist
As a reminder, please be sure to look over the accepted students page to ensure that all tasks are completed in preparation for the move-in process. If you have additional questions, please be sure to connect with your admissions counselor or reach out to the student life office at firstname.lastname@example.org.
It should be noted that the student life office receives a high volume of calls during the months of July and August. Therefore, if you have reached out to a student life staff member, please anticipate a response within 48-72 hours. It is our hope to treat every request and need with the same amount of respect and appreciation while also managing the expectations of our staff. We thoroughly appreciate your patience and consideration as we best support the needs of our wonderful students.