Academic information about graduation is below. Click here for commencement ceremony information.
This page contains 2022 graduation information. Check back soon for information on graduating in 2023.
2021-22 Annual Commencement Ceremony
Sunday, May 15, 2:00 p.m. in Anderson Auditorium
Preparing to Graduate (2021-22)
Here are the steps you need to take to complete your degree.
You must apply to graduate!
- If you are a current student, apply with MAP (Montreat Access Portal).
- If you are a former student, request an application at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you plan to complete your degree requirements during the…
- Fall semester, apply by October 1.
- Spring semester, apply by February 28.
- Summer term, apply by June 1.*
*A petition is required in the preceding Spring ceremony. (See “Commencement Attendance Petition” for details.)
Caps and Gowns
Due to supply limits, our vendor for caps and gowns, Herff Jones, is limiting the time to order. Orders must be placed by midnight on Monday, March 14. Click here to order. The order page will go offline thereafter.
Your Final Semester
Before registering for your final semester at Montreat College, check with your advisor to be certain you have scheduled all remaining course requirements.
General Graduation Requirements
You will need to have:
- Completed all general education and major requirements
- 120 total hours (minimum)
- 27 hours at the 300/3000 level or above
- 18 hours completed at Montreat in your major (if you transferred to Montreat)
- All competencies completed
- Documentation of any exceptions granted
See “Academic Requirements for Graduation” in the catalog for additional information.
If you have questions about graduation requirements or commencement, please contact the Office of the Registrar at email@example.com or 828.419.2333.