Spring 2022 Commencement
Commencement Ceremony information is below. Click here for academic information about graduation.
Sunday, May 15, 2:00 p.m. (EDT)
- Doors open at 1:00 pm. (EDT)
- Candidates should report to the front desk (lobby) at 1:00 p.m. (EDT)
Saturday, May 14, 1:00 p.m. (EDT)
(For on-campus students and AGS candidates in the Montreat/Asheville area. AGS candidates in the Charlotte area are not expected to attend.)
Montreat Conference Center – Anderson Auditorium
(Adjacent to the College campus. Address: 303 Lookout Rd., Montreat, NC 28757)
- There is no limit on the number of guests.
- Reservations for guests is not required.
- Overflow: Limited seats and standing room will be available in Upper Anderson Auditorium if the main auditorium is filled.
- Handicapped Guests: Anderson Auditorium is wheelchair accessible. Ample parking is available. See a parking attendant for directions.
Business casual attire is appropriate under the gown. Flat soled shoes are recommended in the event the processional lines up outdoors on grass. Extended periods of standing should be expected so comfort is the order of the day.
Regalia (cap, gown, tassel) should be ordered from Herff Jones by Tuesday, April 13th. It should be shipped to a personal address, either campus or home. Montreat will not receive/distribute regalia. Optionally, undergraduates may wear a matte black high school cap and gown.
Tip: The gown should be removed from its packaging and ironed or steamed to remove wrinkles. Professional dry cleaners can iron gowns for a fee.
Guests wishing to approach the stage to take photographs should observe social distancing and return to their seats promptly to allow other guests to approach.
Professional photography: Thornhill Photography
Public photo gallery: View in Google Drive
Those wanting overnight accommodations may check the lodging page to search for properties in Black Mountain, Swannanoa, or Asheville. Those located in west and south Asheville are within a 30 minute drive of the Montreat Campus.