Spring 2024 Commencement
Commencement Ceremony information is below. Click here for academic information about graduation.
Saturday, May 11, 2024, 2:00 p.m. (EDT)
- Doors open at 1:00 pm. (EDT)
- Candidates should report to the front desk (lobby) at 1:00 p.m. (EDT)
Friday, May 10, 2024, 1:00 p.m. (EDT)
(SAS graduates are expected to attend rehearsal. AGS graduates are encouraged to attend if available.)
303 Lookout Rd
Montreat, NC 28757
- Only eligible and invited degree candidates may participate (walk) in the ceremony.
- Eligible candidates are notified via email from the Office of the Registrar.
- Each invited degree candidate MUST confirm attendance at the ceremony in order to:
- Receive complimentary guest tickets
- Have their name in the program.
- Be placed in the presentation order
- Have a presentation name card
- Confirmation Deadline: March 22, 2024
Commencement Information Updates
Commencement updates will be sent to Montreat College-issued email addresses. Check your email often over the next several weeks. Watch for messages marked as “COMMENCEMENT UPDATE.”
- Each candidate confirming attendance by March 15 will be issued guest tickets.
- Each guest must have a ticket to enter the venue. There will be no overflow seating for unticketed guests.
- Ticketed guests are encouraged to arrive no later than 30 minutes prior to the start of the ceremony.
- Guests arriving late may experience a delay in entering the venue to void disruption of the ceremony.
- No extra tickets will be offered by the College. (A student needing additional tickets must reach out to other students; the College will not manage surrendered/unclaimed tickets.)
- Handicapped Guests: Anderson Auditorium is wheelchair accessible. Ample parking is available. See a parking attendant for directions.
- The venue is handicapped accessible with limited parking. Guests can ask a parking attendant for directions to handicapped parking near the building.
- Drivers may pull up to a side entrance to deliver guests before parking in a nearby lot. Drivers should be prepared to back up to exit the drop-off area.
- Wheelchairs: Limited space is available on outside aisles with additional space in the back of the auditorium.
Business casual attire is appropriate under the gown. Flat soled shoes are recommended in the event the processional lines up outdoors on grass. Extended periods of standing should be expected so comfort is the order of the day.
Regalia (cap, gown, tassel) should be ordered from Herff Jones by Monday, March 13. It should be shipped to a personal address, either campus or home. Montreat College will not manage regalia and does not keep extra regalia in stock. Optionally, undergraduates (associate’s and bachelor candidates) may wear a matte black high school cap and gown.
Tip: The gown should be removed from its packaging and ironed or steamed to remove wrinkles. Professional dry cleaners can iron gowns for a fee.
Download professional photographs of commencement (requires login with @montreat.edu address).
Those wanting overnight accommodations may check the lodging page to search for properties in Black Mountain, Swannanoa, or Asheville. Those located in west and south Asheville are within a 30-minute drive of the Montreat Campus.