In order to best support the residence life experience, our residence halls are intentionally staffed with specific live-in leadership roles. Listed below is more clarification of these roles and the purpose behind them.
Director of Community Life
Assists in providing leadership to the co-curricular campus life programs at Montreat with a focus on community life, the first year experience, and serving our students well (retention). This live-in position collaborates with the residence life team, the housing coordinator, and the vice president for student services to support the cultivation of the student life mission and residence life mission.
In conjunction with the Residence Life and Student Services team, this role administers on-campus and off-campus student housing for the academic year.
Current Housing Coordinator
Kathleen Walden – email@example.com | x3630
Director of Residence Life
Leads the residential student experience through provision of healthy, Christ centered living environments that promote intentional community devoted to the holistic growth of each student. This role plays a critical part in the supervision of the Residence Life team, management of the multiple location complexes and residential programs, and supporting the onboarding of new students.
Director of Residence Life (firstname.lastname@example.org).
The position of residence hall director is a vital role in fulfilling Montreat College’s Christ-centered mission. A residence hall director serves students in a co-curricular capacity within the residential environment through planned and unplanned educational opportunities, crisis response, management of the complex facility, supervision of the resident assistant staff, responding to student handbook violations, and other administrative needs.
Current Residence Directors
- Area Coordinator for Anderson & McGregor Halls: Anne Dupee – email@example.com | xTBD
- Residence Director for Davis Hall: Kevin Hogan – firstname.lastname@example.org | xTBD
- Area Coordinator for Ridgecrest: Catherine Gordon – email@example.com | xTBD
- Area Coordinator for Honors Housing: Allison Merrell – firstname.lastname@example.org | xTBD
- Residence Director for Howerton Hall: TBD
These positions are responsible for facilitating the social, academic, and personal adjustment of students to the residence halls and the college. The RA develops a sense of community among residents as members of a floor, residents of the hall, and active participants in the residence life system, while serving as a positive role model to resident and peer staff members. The RA enforces the rules and policies of residence life, housing, and acts as an extension of the Student Services Office to the campus by acting as a liaison between residents and the college administration.
- Anderson Hall 2021-2022 Residence Life Staff:
- 2nd Floor: Kemani Watson & Tamara Galarza
- 3rd Floor: Kyann Lyne & Kaleah Walker
- 4th Floor: Lydia Lawrence & Annabelle Hollingsworth
- 5th Floor: Elise Haviland & Elle Bancroft
- Davis Hall 2021-2022 Residence Life Staff:
- 1st Floor: Andrew Melogy
- 2nd Floor: Donovan Weir & Ashton Medeiros
- 3rd Floor: Tyler McDonald & Brantley Hart
- Honors 2021-2022 Residence Life Staff:
- Anderson House: Isabella Velez
- Balsam Lodge: Jonathan Fogo
- Sylvan Lodge: Ezra Whitaker
- Howerton Hall 2021-2022 Residence Life Staff:
- 1st Floor: Logan McIntosh
- 2nd Floor: Davis Nicol & Seth Williamson
- 3rd Floor: Braden Wharton & Joseph Walker Liles
- Lookout Lodge: Grayson Roper
- McGregor Hall 2021-2022 Residence Life Staff:
- 1st Floor: Naomi Hailu & Kelly Meade
- 2nd Floor: Carmen Fraley, Abigail Jones & Ashley Steadman
- Ridgecrest 2021-2022 Residence Life Staff:
- Locust: Alfredo Guardiola & Harrison Walser
- Poplar 1st Floor: Matthew Smith & Noah Coakley
- Poplar 2nd Floor: Hannah Thompson
- Sourwood: Faithlyn Baker & Eleanor Stover