Month of March
This is important information for students to use regarding housing.
Please read carefully and follow all the directions.
You need to complete an Online Spring Housing Card (for Spring 2024 – due March 22)
- Online Spring Housing Card must be submitted by all On Campus students – This is to indicate your plans and housing preferences.
- Get registered for Fall Classes – make sure to clear all holds and get registered for classes
Once those are completed: Virtual Room Draw Event (For Spring 2024 – March 26, 27, 28)
- Attend the Virtual Room Draw Event to choose a specific room
- Invite to Virtual Room Draw Event sent on March 25: After removing all holds, registering for classes and completing the Online Spring Housing Card, by March 22 – you will be emailed an invitation to the Virtual Room Draw Event on March 25.
- Virtual Room Draw Event:
- Rising Seniors – March 26 – 3-6pm
- Rising Juniors – March 27 – 3-6pm
- Rising Underclassmen – March 28 – 3-6pm
- To confirm class ranking check transcripts on MAP or with the Registrar’s Office. Housing selection times for the Virtual Room Draw Event are based on cumulative credits earned (as of Spring 2024) so make sure that any transfer courses and CLEP credits have been posted to your transcript previous to the deadlines.
- If students cannot attend the Virtual Room Draw Event at the assigned time – After completing the Online Spring Housing Card and being emailed an invitation, if you are not able to attend the Virtual Room Draw Event you will be housed according to the information provided on your Online Spring Housing Card. You will be emailed the assignment and required to complete steps to secure that space.
- Roommates – Students who wish to room together should plan to attend the housing draw together, in order to select their room.
- No roommate? – If you do not have a chosen roommate, one will be assigned to you by the Housing Coordinator. You will be directed to fill out the Returning Student Housing Form to assist in roommate placement. You will be notified of your assigned roommate as soon as possible.
REMEMBER: Students cannot sign up for housing until they are registered for classes.
Housing Spaces Available for 23-24 Year
Double rooms are available at the 23-24 Regular room cost -or-
Triple rooms can be selected at 20% discount from the 23-24 Regular room cost.
Double rooms are available in: Howerton, McGregor, and Anderson.
Triple rooms are available in: Howerton, Davis, and McGregor.
Honors Housing and Lookout Lodge rooms are the Regular room price.
Late Housing Applications
Any student who was unable to sign up for housing through the Housing Draw processes, can contact the Housing Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org to still sign up for available housing.
Looking to live Off Campus?
Requirements for Living Off Campus – You must fill out the online request form. You must qualify under Student Life Policy and receive official approval from the Housing Office to live Off Campus. Qualifications for living Off Campus:
- Living locally with parent/guardian (40 mile radius of Montreat College Main Campus)
- 21 years old or above (during the semester requesting)
- Graduate student
- Having already completed 8 semesters (each consisting of 12 or more credits)
- Part-time status (carrying 11 credit hours or less the entire time off campus)
- Special student
Please Note: Financial aid is calculated differently for Off Campus than On Campus. If you are considering moving Off Campus, please check with Student Financial Services (SFS) about your financial package before requesting to live Off Campus. SFS cannot give you permission to live Off Campus. SFS can only advise you about your financial package and any financial appeals. Permission to live Off Campus will only come through the Housing Office via the Housing Coordinator.