ALL FIRST YEAR STUDENTS (including residential and commuters) are required to follow these steps for spring check in. You are a first year student if you’re a residential or commuter student who has completed ONLY ONE semester at Montreat College.
First Year Check-in | Thursday & Friday, August 15-16 | Various Times
NOTE: Fall Athletes are expected to return to campus on August 12, 2024. Fall Student Athletes will receive a separate email with instructions for their check in.
- Who: Any FIRST YEAR (both residential and commuter) student.
- If the Fall 2024 semester will be your first semester at Montreat College, you are expected to report to campus on either Thursday, August 15th or Friday, August 16th (depending on which time slot you signed up for when the time slot information email was sent. If you recently deposited, you will receive this soon).
- All students are required to attend Welcome Week.
- Fines will be assessed for non-attendance or late arrival.
- Where: Anderson Auditorium//L. Nelson Bell Library
- All students must report to the Anderson Auditorium parking lot upon arrival to campus. Residential students will not be permitted to move into their residence hall until they check in at Anderson Auditorium.
- Students who have not been cleared to check in will be directed to the Library to complete missing steps. Make sure to complete all items on the New Student Orientation Task List before arriving to campus.
- When: Students must report to campus at the designated time they signed up for.
- Thursday, August 15th | Various Times
- Friday, August 16th | Various Times
- Please arrive on time. As a reminder, fines will be assessed for non-attendance or late arrival.
Are you cleared to move in?
All students are encouraged to log in to their Suitable app to check their Journey to Fall Tasklist status. All items must be submitted to be eligible to move in. Note: All students must report to the Library before moving into their residence hall.
- I’m a commuter, do I have to check-in? Yes, all students must check-in at one of the designated times based on their student status and last name.
- Can I go to my residence hall before checking in? No, all students must report to the Anderson Auditorium parking lot for drive-through check in before moving back into their residence hall. If cleared to move in, students will be given permission to report to their residence hall. If not cleared to move in, students will be directed to the Library. Fines will be assessed for those students who bypass this portion of the check in process.
- When do classes begin? The Fall 2024 semester officially begins on Tuesday, August 20th. All First Year Students must check in during their designated time on Thursday, August 15th or Friday, August 16th.
- How do I know if I’m cleared to check in? Students are encouraged to log in to their Suitable app to check their Journey to Spring Task List status. All items must be submitted to be eligible to move in.