ALL FIRST YEAR STUDENTS (including residential and commuters) are required to follow these steps for spring check in. You are a first year student if you’re a residential or commuter student who is about to begin your second semester at Montreat College.
First Year Check-in | Monday, January 9th | 8 a.m. to 2 p.m.
NOTE: Spring Student Athletes will receive a separate email with instructions for their check in.
- Who: Any FIRST YEAR (both residential and commuter) student.
- If the Spring 2023 semester will be your second semester at Montreat College, you are expected to report to campus on Monday, January 9th.
- All students are required to attend Welcome Week 2.0.
- Fines will be assessed for non-attendance or late arrival.
- Where: Anderson Auditorium/L. Nelson Bell Library
- All students must report to the Anderson Auditorium parking lot upon arrival to campus. Residential students will not be permitted to move into their residence hall until they check in at Anderson Auditorium.
- Students who have not been cleared to check in will be directed to the Library to complete missing steps.
- When: Students must report to campus at the designated times below based on the first letter of their last name.
- A-G: 8-10 a.m.
- H-Q: 10 a.m.-12 p.m.
- R-Z: 12-2 p.m.
- Dual Enrolled: 8-10 a.m.
- Commuters: 12-2 p.m.
- Check in will close promptly at 2 p.m. Please arrive on time. As a reminder, fines will be assessed for non-attendance or late arrival.
Please arrive on time. As a reminder, fines will be assessed for non-attendance or late arrival.
- I’m a commuter, do I have to check-in? Yes, all commuter students must check-in at 12:00 p.m. on Monday, January 9th. Commuter students are also required to stay for all Welcome Week 2.0 activities.
- Do I need a negative COVID test or proof of vaccination? No.
- Can I go to my residence hall before checking in? No, all students must report to the Anderson Auditorium parking lot for drive-through check in before moving into their residence hall. If cleared to move in, students will be given permission to report to their residence hall. If not cleared to move in, students will be directed to the Library. Fines will be assessed for those students who bypass this portion of the check in process.
- When do classes begin? The Fall 2023 semester officially begins on Wednesday, January 11th. All First Year Students must check in during their designated time on Monday, January 9th.
- How do I know if I’m cleared to check in? Students need to make sure they’ve completed all financial steps and paid their student bill. Students will not be permitted to check in if they have an outstanding student balance. For financial related questions, contact Student Financial Services at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 800.545.4656.