Montreat College is happy to participate in Veterans’ Affairs educational benefit programs and other military tuition assistance and training programs.
About VA Benefits
Veterans’ education benefits are accessible by eligible students in both the School of Arts and Sciences (SAS) and the School of Adult and Graduate Studies (AGS).
- Students in SAS may also qualify for the Yellow Ribbon Program within the Post 9/11 GI Bill.
- AGS students may be eligible for a military discount through Montreat College. The discount is extended to active-duty military, honorably discharged veterans, and qualifying spouses of service members from any branch of the military who are pursuing a degree through AGS. Apply by submitting the Application for Military Discount link below.
Accessing veterans benefits to pay for Montreat College education costs (all or some) requires completion of the following procedures:
Applying for Benefits/Determining Eligibility
- If you have not applied, visit https://www.va.gov/education/how-to-apply/ and follow the instructions.
- VA Student Hotline: 888-442-4551.
Preparing for Certification of Montreat Enrollment for Payment of Benefits
- Forward a copy of your Certificate of Eligibility (COE) to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Complete and submit the Montreat College Veterans Education Benefits Acknowledgment (VEBA) to email@example.com.
How Certification of Enrollment Works at Montreat
- We will certify all enrolled students during the second week of each semester.
- Students who are “100% Yellow Ribbon” will receive their Yellow Ribbon payment in the spring semester of the academic year.
- Report any changes in your enrollment to the School Certifying Official (SCO) immediately to determine if an increase or decrease in your benefits is required. Failure to report changes can impact your eligibility and/or enrollment.
- Chapter 30: Montgomery GI Bill and Chapter 1606: Montgomery GI Bill Reserves students must verify their enrollment monthly by Web Automated Verification of Enrollment (WAVE) at www.gibill.va.gov/wave or by Interactive Voice Response (IVR) telephone line at 1-877-823-2378 beginning the last calendar day of each month.
Please review the Montreat College Procedure for Processing Veteran’s Benefits below.
For questions about using veterans’ education benefits, please contact the Montreat College certifying official:
Main Campus (Montreat, NC), Gaither Hall, Room 5