Montreat College is a Christ-centered institution of higher learning, grounded in the Presbyterian (Reformed) tradition. While students are welcomed regardless of religious affiliation, all of our trustees, faculty, and staff support the Mission, Vision and Statement of Faith, available at https://www.montreat.edu/about/mission/.
By signing this application, each client states that they are aware of the limited services provided through the Usage Agreement and agrees to abide by all applicable policies of the college and any reserved venues. Such policies include, but are not limited to:
- Montreat College reserves the right to make its facilities available only for events that are not inconsistent with Montreat College’s Mission, Vision and Statement of Faith. Towards this end, each marriage ceremony held on the property of Montreat College must be Christ-centered, occur between a man and a woman, and be conducted by an ordained Christian clergy.
- Events must comply with any applicable decorations guidelines and regulations regarding catering and cleanup
- Compliance with Montreat College’s policy of being smoke-free and alcohol-free
- Clients are required to purchase $1M liability coverage for the date(s) needed. Proof of such insurance must be provided to the College Representative listed below 30 days previous to the rental date.
- Insert any deposit timing requirement (and link to fee schedule).
This form must be completed in order to reserve space for any wedding ceremony, rehearsal, and/or wedding reception held on any property, whether owned or leased, of Montreat College.