Position: Campus Security Officer (evenings) Approximately 10-month role; Aug. 1 thru mid-May
Location: Montreat College, main campus
Hours: 20+ hours per week; non-benefitted (.5 FTE)
A qualified candidate will have a personal commitment to Jesus Christ and affirm and support the vision, mission, statement of faith, and community life covenant of Montreat College.
This role will function to support the mission of the Campus Safety Department by performing routine security duties. Service to the campus community will be performed in a tactful and professional manner.
- Handling calls for assistance
- Opening and closing of buildings
- Help to regulate pedestrian and vehicular traffic
- Routine patrol
- Walking through buildings for as part of a community policing model on a regular basis during each shift
- Assist with security detail at special events (i.e. athletics, homecoming, dances, graduation)
- Keep daily logs with detailed dispositions of actions as mandated by Federal regulations in compliance
- Work with local law enforcement agencies
- Other duties as assigned by the Director of Campus Safety and/or Vice President of Student Life
- Valid North Carolina driver’s license
- Professional Appearance
- Ability to relate to people in a professional and courteous manner
- Supervisory experience is a plus
- Security and or Law Enforcement experience preferred
- High school diploma or equivalent; two years of college level coursework preferred
- Criminal Justice student or experience preferred
Completed job application to Megan Golden, Administrative Assistant for Vice President of Student Life and Campus Safety, including your cover letter, statement of Christian faith, résumé, and three references.
About Montreat College
Montreat College is a Christian liberal arts college accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools to offer masters, bachelors, and associates degrees. The main campus is located in the Blue Ridge Mountains fifteen miles east of Asheville, North Carolina, a region recognized as one of the most attractive living environments in the United States. Satellite campuses in Asheville and Black Mountain supplement the main campus. The College is committed to Christ-centered teaching and learning, and is a member of the Council for Christian Colleges & Universities.
Job Posting: Security Officer – Montreat College
Support the mission of the Campus Safety Department by performing routine security duties. Service to the campus community will be performed in a tactful and professional manner.
Salary Currency: USD
Date Posted: 2023-12-04
Employment Type : PART_TIME
Hiring Organization : Montreat College
Organization URL: https://www.montreat.edu
Organization Logo: https://www.montreat.edu/wp-content/uploads/2022/06/montreat-1080.jpg
Location: PostalAddress, 310 Gaither Circle, Montreat, NC, 28757, USA
- High School