The Graphic Designer will report directly to the Creative Director. The primary responsibility of the Graphic Designer is to work closely with the Vice President, Creative Director, and Montreat colleagues to develop creative, high-caliber, omni-channel digital and print communications and marketing in support of the Montreat College brand and mission. This is a full-time exempt position with the college’s approved benefit package.
Location: Montreat, NC
- Demonstrate and articulate a personal Christian faith
- Exemplify and articulate a like-mindedness with Montreat College’s Christ-centered mission, vision, and values
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Committed to strong customer service and to enhancing a culture of excellence
- Bachelor of science or arts degree with 2+ years of design experience
- Demonstrated organizational and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated skills in technology—Adobe InDesign, Illustrator, and Photoshop
- Additional technical skills while not required—Premiere Pro and After Effects
- Proven ability to maintain a high level of professionalism
- Comfortable as an active team member in a highly relational and goal-oriented environment
- Develop concepts for major campaign/collateral pieces, i.e. Reflection magazine, Admissions pieces, President’s Report, special events, etc. and execute creative design for print, digital and apparel/merchandise projects, including posters, postcards, ads, invitations, direct mail, banners, programs, brochures, and digital graphics for web, email, video, and social media. Manage the quality of design throughout all project phases.
- Consult with and advise clients concerning their marketing needs. Recommend possible approaches to communicating with the target audience. Obtain and incorporate clients’ feedback.
- Meet specific deadlines based on personal workflow, department workflow, client’s needs and printer’s needs.
- Create illustrations, maps, graphics and animations.
- Select and prepare photographs for publishing.
- Oversee and provide creative direction for video projects and photoshoots.
- Evaluate and select appropriate printing papers and inks.
- Advise others regarding design and application of the college graphic identity standards and check for design integrity, appropriateness, printability, and visual appeal.
- Create and maintain files for all creative assets and resources, such as software, art materials, and special fonts, which are needed for record-keeping and referencing.
- Collaborate with clients, vendors and other members of the Marketing and Communications team to maximize creativity and excellence.
- Work with the web communications specialist to implement website designs.
- Stay plugged into current design and production methods, procedures and trends, and update and improve related software skills.
- Assist with environmental branding projects across all campuses i.e. signage projects, interior design updates, pole banners, etc.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Send a job application to Alesha Haley, including your cover letter, statement of Christian faith, résumé, and three references. Also send a portfolio of design work by email to email@example.com.
About Montreat College
Montreat College is a Christian liberal arts college accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools to offer masters, bachelors, and associate degrees. The main campus is located in the Blue Ridge Mountains fifteen miles east of Asheville, North Carolina, a region recognized as one of the most attractive living environments in the United States. The College is committed to Christ-centered teaching and learning, and is a member of the Council for Christian Colleges & Universities.
Job Posting: Graphic Designer – Montreat College
The primary responsibility is to develop creative, high-caliber communications and marketing in support of Montreat College’s brand and mission.
Salary Currency: USD
Date Posted: 2023-12-07
Employment Type : FULL_TIME
Hiring Organization : Montreat College
Organization URL: https://www.montreat.edu
Organization Logo: https://www.montreat.edu/wp-content/uploads/2022/06/montreat-1080.jpg
Location: PostalAddress, 310 Gaither Circle, Montreat, NC, 28757, USA
- Bachelor Degree
Experience Required: 24 Months