The Athletic Trainer (AT) operationally reports to the Director of Sports of Medicine. The AT will assist in all aspects of athletic training and is responsible for, but not limited to leadership in multiple aspects of time management, including budgeting, and facilities management. This position will be responsible to maintain compliance with all Montreat College, Appalachian Athletic Conference, and NAIA rules and regulations.
- Provide athletic training services for intercollegiate sports, including coverage of home and post-season away athletic contests, evaluation, and treatment of injuries at practices and games, design and supervision of rehabilitation programs, pre-practice/games preparations and referral of athletes to appropriate physicians.
- Maintaining computerized medical records and submitting injured athlete status reports to coaches
- Assist with the planning, organization, coordination, and management of proper healthcare to NAIA intercollegiate student-athletes.
- The AT will also be required to perform other duties not specifically stated herein but deemed essential to the operation of the sports medicine program as assigned by the Director of Sports of Medicine.
- Attend departmental meetings.
- Be familiar with and adhere to departmental policies and procedures as well as NAIA and AAC regulations.
- Participate in the college and departmental activities as needed.
Essential Job Functions
- Excellent writing skills
- Excellent oral communication and relationship skills
- Efficiency in computer applications (Microsoft Office, Excel, etc.)
- Ability to read, understand, and apply instructions
- Hear and understand telephone conversations
- Ability to coordinate different tasks simultaneously
- Move about the campus freely (including all facilities)
- Ability to multi-task
- Work closely with Athletic training staff, Coaches, and officials.
- Set goals and objectives based on the needs and capabilities of the population served
- Articulate and promote student learning and development in the following areas:
- Athletic Excellence
- Prescribe and practice ethical behavior
- Where appropriate, recruit, select, supervise, and develop others in the organization
- Manage financial resources
A bachelor’s degree in athletic training from an accredited college/university and from a CAATE Accredited program and Athletic Training Certification by the Board of Certification is required. Eligibility for licensure in the State of North Carolina and current certifications in First Aid, CPR and AED for the Professional Rescuer (American Heart Association or American Red Cross) are also required.
Candidates must support and affirm the College’s Faith Statement and Community Life Covenant.
The Head Athletic Trainer reports to the Director of Sports Medicine.
Please email the following materials to: Garrett Jones (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Complete application
- Cover letter
- Statement of Christian faith
- Résumé with three references
About Montreat College
Montreat College is a Christian liberal arts college accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools to offer master’s, bachelor’s, and associate degrees. The main campus is located in the Blue Ridge Mountains fifteen miles east of Asheville, North Carolina, a region recognized as one of the most attractive living environments in the United States. Satellite campuses in Asheville, Charlotte, and other sites supplement the main campus. The College is committed to Christ-centered teaching and learning, and is a member of the Council for Christian Colleges & Universities.
Job Opening: Athletic Trainer – Montreat College
The Athletic Trainer will assist in all aspects of athletic training and will lead in time management, budgeting, and facilities management.
Salary Currency: USD
Date Posted: 2023-06-16
Employment Type : FULL_TIME
Hiring Organization : Montreat College
Organization URL: https://www.montreat.edu
Organization Logo: https://www.montreat.edu/wp-content/uploads/2022/06/montreat-1080.jpg
Location: PostalAddress, 310 Gaither Circle, Montreat, NC, 28757, United States
- Bachelor Degree