Location: Montreat, NC
The Cheer/Dance Coach (G.A.) will lead all aspects of a competitive cheer/dance program and is responsible for, but not limited to the integration of Christian faith, and the recruitment, retention, and academic success of student-athletes. Priority will be given to candidates with former cheer or recruiting experience. In addition to coaching, this position requires leadership in multiple aspects of team management, including budgeting, facilities management, academic support, and retention of quality student athletes. This position will be responsible to maintain compliance with all Montreat College, Appalachian Athletic Conference, and NAIA rules and regulations.
- Recruit student athletes for the cheer/dance program who will represent the mission of Montreat College.
- Organize and lead practice/training sessions for student-athletes in assigned discipline(s).
- Plan comprehensive training plans for student-athletes in assigned discipline(s).
- Assist in operational procedures including scheduling, travel, budget management, and statistics.
- Attend departmental meetings.
- Be familiar with and adhere to departmental policies and procedures as well as NAIA and AAC regulations.
- Participate in the college and departmental activities as needed.
- Be responsible for the conduct of athletes, both on and off the playing field.
- Actively participate with all athletic fundraising programs set forth by the Director of Athletics.
- Communicate the needs and maintenance of facilities and equipment to the Director of Athletics.
- Assist with travel and facilities management for the cheer/dance program.
- Other duties as assigned.
Essential Job Functions
- Excellent writing skills
- Excellent oral communication and relationship skills
- Excellent recruiting skills to meet annual roster expectations
- Efficiency in computer applications (Microsoft Office, Excel, etc.)
- Ability to read, understand, and apply instructions
- Hear and understand telephone conversations
- Ability to coordinate different tasks simultaneously
- Move about the campus freely (including all facilities)
- Ability to maintain a clean practice facility
- Ability to multi-task
- Work closely with the Admissions and Financial Aid office.
- Articulate a clear vision for the cheer/dance program
- Set goals and objectives based on the needs and capabilities of the population served
- Articulate and promote student learning and development in the following areas:
- Athletic Excellence
- Prescribe and practice ethical behavior
- Where appropriate, recruit, select, supervise, and develop others in the organization
- Manage financial resources
- Plan, budget for, and evaluate personnel and programs
A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited four-year institution is required. Extra consideration will be given to candidates with former cheer/dance experience and/or cheer coaching/recruiting. Candidates must support and affirm the Mission, Vision and Statement of Faith of the College and Community Life Covenant.
The Cheer/Dance Coach (G.A.) reports to the Athletic Director.
Please email the following materials to Garrett.Jones@montreat.edu
- Complete employment application
- Cover letter
- Statement of Christian faith
- Résumé with three references
About Montreat College
Montreat College is a Christian liberal arts college accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools to offer masters, bachelors, and associates degrees. The main campus is located in the Blue Ridge Mountains fifteen miles east of Asheville, North Carolina, a region recognized as one of the most attractive living environments in the United States. Satellite campuses in Asheville, Charlotte, and other sites supplement the main campus. The College is committed to Christ-centered teaching and learning and is a member of the Council for Christian Colleges & Universities.
Job Opening: Graduate Assistant: Cheer/Dance Coach
A Cheer/Dance Coach will lead a competitive program and is responsible for recruitment, retention, and academic success of student athletes.
Salary Currency: USD
Date Posted: 2022-10-14
Employment Type : OTHER
Hiring Organization : Montreat College
Organization URL: https://www.montreat.edu
Organization Logo: https://www.montreat.edu/wp-content/uploads/2022/06/montreat-1080.jpg
Location: PostalAddress, 310 Gaither Circle, Montreat, NC, 28757, United States
- Bachelor Degree