November 1 Symposium on Work and Vocation Schedule
- 10 a.m. Convocation (Anderson Auditorium) “What’s my WHY, and How Do I Find It?”
- 11:15 a.m.-12:30 p.m. Student Q&A and Lunch with Andy Chan (Gaither Fellowship Hall)
- 12:30-1:30 p.m. Athletics Coaches and Staff Conversation and Q&A with Andy Chan (Gaither Fellowship Hall)
- 2-3 p.m. All employees who supervise, mentor, or otherwise engage students are invited to a Q & A conversation with Andy Chan about involving and educating students for personal and career development (Gaither Fellowship Hall)
- 3-4 p.m. Faculty Conversation and Q & A with Andy Chan (Gaither Fellowship Hall)
November 2: Internship Showcase
Gaither Fellowship Hall
Faculty and staff are welcome to attend! We’re showing off the work of our student interns. Come and visit with students and learn more about internship opportunities. If you would like to participate, please contact Karen Eilers.
November 13 & 15: Networking Night Prep Sessions
Stop by during these open hours to learn more about Networking Night and get ready to attend. We’ll talk about how to dress, what to say, and how to make a great impression on the companies who are coming!
November 16: Networking Night
Come and connect with companies and professionals who have insights and opportunities for your future career! Networking Night allows you to make new connections and practice your networking skills. Professional dress is required. RSVP to hold your spot!
2023 Keynote Speakers
Andy Chan is the Vice President of the Office of Personal and Career Development at Wake Forest University. He is most known for inspiring colleges to transform traditional career services into a mission-critical component of the college experience in his TEDx talk Career Services Must Die. He has vast experience and leadership in the areas of personal and career development, and he is enthusiastic and eager to have conversations with Montreat students, staff, and faculty as we seek to educate students for purposeful lives.