Montreat College Virtual Commencement
Saturday, Oct. 3, 2020 | 2 p.m. ET
We commemorate our graduates in the one hundred and fifth year of the college.
View the commencement program
Preparing to Graduate (2020-21)
Here are the steps you need to take to complete your degree.
You must apply to graduate!
- If you are a current student, apply with MAP (Montreat Access Portal).
- If you are a former student, request an application at email@example.com.
If you plan to complete your degree requirements during the…
- Fall semester, apply by October 1.
- Spring semester, apply by March 31.
- Summer term, apply by June 30.*
*A petition is required. (See “Petition to Walk in May Commencement” in the college catalog for details.)
Your Final Semester
Before registering for your final semester at Montreat College, check with your advisor to be certain you have scheduled all remaining course requirements.
General Graduation Requirements
You will need to have:
- Completed all general education and major requirements
- 120 total hours (minimum)
- 33 hours at the 300 level or above
- 18 hours completed at Montreat in your major (if you transferred to Montreat)
- All competencies completed
- Documentation of any exceptions granted
See “Academic Requirements for Graduation” in the catalog for additional information.
Montreat College’s 2021 graduation ceremony is held Saturday, May 8 at 2:00 p.m. in lower Anderson Auditorium in Montreat, NC. All graduates participating in the commencement ceremony must wear the appropriate gown, cap and tassel for their degree. Students should not wear jeans or tennis shoes to this ceremony. To order your graduation regalia, contact Herff Jones no later than March 1, or the College Bookstore at 828.669.8012, x3602.
If you have questions about graduation requirements or commencement, please contact the Office of the Registrar at firstname.lastname@example.org or 828.419.2333.