We promote an entrepreneurial and ethical spirit in business. That makes you ready for a competitive business environment—no matter how you focus your path.
Business administration major
Our program builds on a strong liberal arts core with professional training in business administration. We’re focused on preparing you for a career in a variety of business organizations, and we network extensively to make that happen. Our students engage with the local business community through lecture series, workshops, visits, and internships. In many courses, student projects involve problem-solving and services for real-world business organizations. Our faculty members bring extensive business experience to the classroom, creating a unique approach to teaching that combines the theoretical with the practical. Advanced business degree classes are typically small, providing significant personal attention and one-on-one time with professors. Additionally, all students complete an internship in their field of focus.
Download course requirements here (PDF) »
Montreat College has received specialized accreditation for its business programs through the International Assembly for Collegiate Business Education (IACBE), located in Lenexa, Kansas. Information pertaining to student learning and achievement in the business programs accredited by the IACBE can be obtained by clicking the learning outcomes link below or by contacting Dr. Hub Powell, Chair of the Business & CIS Department, at email@example.com.
View the learning outcomes assessment (PDF) »
- receive instruction from a qualified business faculty
- a healthy blend of theoretical knowledge and practical application
- student projects which involve solving problems and providing service to real-world business organizations
- classroom instruction combined with outside business speakers and plant/facility visits
- small class size for individualized attention in considering business aspirations
- a knowledge of how business education preparation can assist students in all parts of life and their career
- curriculum includes a servant leadership perspective
- entrepreneurial and ethical spirit encouraged
- choose tracks such as international business, management, marketing, and sports management
Explore finance, human resources, and marketing in the global economy—while you minor in a foreign language.
Make it broader »
Develop your interest in managing a manufacturing or service company with a focus on business management.
Take the lead »
A perfect fit if you’re interested in advertising, sales, market research, retail, public relations, product management, or nonprofit marketing.
Go for captivating »
Benefit from intradepartmental cooperation—combining business management, sports sciences, and experience.
Push your limits »
Special emphasis concentration
Design a program of study outside of the core curriculum of your major—earning credit for special experiences, like study abroad.
Make it your own »
Prepare for this fast-growing, emerging field where the job outlook improves each day as new technology develops.
Meet the demand »