We’re focused on developing graduates who are prepared to make a difference. And that means you. We’re here to support your academic, social, personal, and spiritual development—and we’re willing to go the extra mile for your success.
Supporting every student.
We provide reasonable accommodations for known disabilities—whether it’s visual, hearing, mobility, medical, or learning. You may also qualify for disabilities not listed here. To determine eligibility and seek support services, please take the following steps:
- Identify yourself to The Student Success Team [828-669-8011 ext: 3621].
- Submit current documentation (not older than three years) of your disability.
- Be willing to participate in additional evaluations to confirm the disability, if requested.
- Provide clear recommendations for accommodations from a professional care provider (See disabilities disclosure and accommodation request forms below).
- Request in writing the specific accommodations needed to enable your academic access.
A member of the Student Success Team, in conjunction with other appropriate personnel, will assess your documentation and determine if any of the requested accommodations are reasonable. A Student Success Team member serves as a liaison between you, your parents, and faculty/staff who will work with you to develop and implement a plan for academic accessibility. As part of such a plan, you may be directed to the Counseling Center, Health Services, the Career Development Office, the Writing Center, and/or for departmental tutoring. Over time, a Student Success Team member will communicate regularly with all parties to ensure that the plan for academic access is followed.
To learn more or apply, please send documentation to Disability Services Coordinator Wesley Davis by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail:
Montreat College Box 807
PO Box 1267
Montreat, NC 28757