Fostering intellectual inquiry is central to Montreat College’s mission. And our Honors Program is designed especially for students who love the life of the mind, who are interested in exploring the classics, and who desire the kind of scholarly experiences and discussions that will forever inform their intellect and deepen their faith.
As a member of the Honors Program, you will have an opportunity to:
- Read classic works from a rotating “Great Books” curriculum which has included Plato, Augustine, Martin Luther, Frederick Douglass, Fyodor Dostoevsky, Flannery O’Connor, and C.S. Lewis
- Be a part of a community of scholars seeking to discern truth, goodness, and beauty
- Develop your critical thinking abilities through reading, reflection, and discussion
- Improve your ability to articulate and reflect through the writing process
- Engage in a mentoring relationship with an Honors Program faculty member
- Take part in exclusive meetings with distinguished visiting speakers to the college
- Participate in specialized retreats designed to foster scholarly community
If you have questions about the Montreat College Honors program, contact Dr. Patrick Connelly, Honors Program Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also contact the Academic Affairs office by calling 828-669-8012 x3621.
* Please note that the Honors Program offers a limited number of openings each year.
See the application form at the bottom of this page.
Honors Program Application