“This school really fits the ideals I was raised with as a homeschooler.”
– Madelyn Hambrick, Montreat College freshman
Montreat College is an independent, Christ-centered, liberal arts institution that educates students through intellectual inquiry, spiritual formation, and preparation for calling and career.
- Small class sizes
- Dynamic honors program
- Christ-centered curriculum
- Tuition is nearly 25% less than national average for private colleges and universities
- 99% of students receive financial aid
Standard admission requirements include a 2.75 (B-) minimum GPA (unweighted) and a 21 on the ACT (Composite) or an SAT score of 1000 (combined Critical Reading and Math sections on SAT prior to March 2016; Evidence-Based Reading and Writing and Math on SAT after March 2016).
Students who do not meet these standards are required to submit a letter of recommendation and will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis for possible conditional acceptance. These students will be limited to enrollment in 15 semester credit hours for their first semester.
In addition to your application, we will need from you:
- An official transcript of high school credits indicating class rank and GPA
- High school core class recommendations include four years of English, three years of science, three years of social studies, three years of math (Algebra I, Algebra II, and Geometry), and at least one year of a foreign language.
- An official SAT or ACT test score report