As part of our commitment to intellectual inquiry, Montreat College will award 35 scholarships to new Fall 2022 students in the Honors Program. Honors Scholarships are awarded in addition to other earned merit scholarships. Scholars Day participation is required for Honors Scholarship consideration.
The honors scholarships for new Fall 2022 students will be awarded as follows:
- 2 – Full-Tuition Scholarships
- 4 – $25,000 Scholarships ($6,250 per year for four years)
- 6 – $20,000 Scholarships ($5,000 per year for four years)
- 8 – $15,000 Scholarships ($3,750 per year for four years)
- 15 – $10,000 Scholarships ($2,500 per year for four years)
- All Scholars Day participants will receive a minimum one-time scholarship of $500
- Scholars Day participants who submit their $150 enrollment deposit by March 1, 2022, will receive a $500 scholarship bonus!
In order to be eligible for Honors Scholarships, prospective students must:
- Meet the Honors Program criteria: 3.5 minimum unweighted GPA or qualifying test score of 1200 SAT, 25 ACT, or 78 CLT.
- Submit a free application to Montreat College by January 14, 2022; Test-optional applicants are not eligible.
- Apply to the Honors Program by January 14, 2022.
- Register for Scholars Day by January 14, 2022.
- Attend Scholars Day on February 4, 2022. Note: To attend Scholars Day, students must be accepted to both Montreat College and the Honors Program before February 4, 2022.
During Scholars Day you will come to our main Montreat campus, meet Honors Program Director Dr. Lisa Toland, as well as the rest of our honors faculty and some of our highest-achieving students. You will participate in breakout sessions to discuss 1 Corinthians 13: 8-13 and Plato’s “Allegory of the Cave” from his book The Republic. You will also have a one-on-one interview with a faculty member. Scholars Day will be held on Friday, February 4, 2022. Participation in Scholars Day is required for Honors Scholarship consideration. Honors Scholarships will be awarded holistically, taking everything into consideration including your admissions file, your honors application, attendance and group participation during Scholars Day, and your one-on-one faculty interview. Click here to register for Scholars Day 2022.
Honors Scholarship Conditions
Honors Program Scholarships will only be awarded to new Fall 2022 students; this includes first-time freshmen and transfer students. Honors Program scholarships can be combined with other forms of institutional aid, not to exceed the amount of full tuition. Institutional aid cannot be used to cover room and board at Montreat College.
For additional information about Scholars Day, the Honors Program or Honors Program Scholarships, please visit www.montreat.edu/honors, or contact the Admissions Office by phone or email at 828.669.8012 or firstname.lastname@example.org.