Welcome to the Montreat College Honors Program Application. In order to be eligible to apply, students must meet the following criteria: 3.5 unweighted GPA or qualifying test score of 1200 SAT, 25 ACT, or 78 CLT. The short response essays on this application are designed to reflect the educational foundation and academic rigor of the Honors Program here at Montreat College. They are a key determining factor in whether or not you are accepted into the program. These applications are also one factor in our decisions for Honors Program scholarships for new Fall 2022 students. Here are some tips to consider before you begin:
- Take your time in planning and writing your responses. Don’t rush. The deadline to submit your Honors Program application is January 14, 2022.
- Answer the questions on a separate Word document, so you can paste your answers into the online application later.
- Read each question carefully and answer the questions completely. Be honest and thoughtful in your responses. This is our chance to begin getting to know you and why you are interested in our Honors Program community!
- Follow the word-count recommendations on the application. The short essays are designed for you to demonstrate how you think through and write about concepts.
- Double-check your responses for correct spelling, grammar, punctuation and sentence structure.
Questions? Contact Honors Program Director Dr. Lisa Toland at firstname.lastname@example.org.