The Montreat Film Festival is an annual event featuring original short films by local filmmakers, followed by a reception. The 2017 edition of this event will take place at 7:00 p.m. on Thursday, April 20 in Gaither Hall.
The Montreat Film Festival will be accepting submissions through Monday, April 17.
- This year’s topic is “Growth,” and the festival is looking to highlight stories that honestly express and explore the human condition through the power of visual story.
- Films must be 3 -15 minutes in length.
- Drama and comedy are equally valued.
- Festival judges will place special value on the ultimate spiritual truths.
- Gratuitous violence and obscenity should be avoided.
Digital Submissions must be in the .mp4 or .mov format, and should be sent to Dr. Joe Martin at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The top ten 10 films will be chosen for screening at the festival on April 20.
- Prizes for first, second, and third place.