Creative Writing Festival
Montreat College will host the annual Creative Writing Festival on Friday, March 31, 2017 from 8:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. $15 per student, includes picnic lunch and all workshops (scholarships available). Educators free.
- Poetry workshop with award-winning poet Dr. Tina Barr
- Song Lyric Writing with Montreat professor Kevin Auman
- Spoken word poetry event
- Open mic
- Creative Writing Contest in Poetry, Fiction, and Song Lyric Writing
- $15 per student (scholarships available); free for all educators and bus drivers
- Free admission for teachers and school administrators
- Check-in begins at 8:30 a.m.
- Look for signs for Parking. Buses go straight on Lookout to the parking lot behind Nelson Bell Library.
Creative Writing Contest in Poetry and Fiction
Submit 3-5 pages with the subject line Montreat CWF Submission. Include name, teacher, school, and grade level. Montreat College Scholarship prizes of $1,500, $1,000 and $750 are available for winners in each category. Send submissions and all inquiries to email@example.com.
- 8:30: Registration and gather in Chapel of the Prodigal
- 9:00: Welcome and Inklings Panel and Q & A
- 9:50: Concurrent Workshops:
- Poetry Writing with Tina Barr in Gaither Fellowship Hall
- Comic Book/Graphic Novel Writing in Library 105
- 11:00: Concurrent Workshops:
- Song Lyric Writing in Graham Chapel
- SLAM! Performance with personal commentary, place TBA
- 12:00: Creative Writing Award Presentations
- 12:30: Picnic Barbeque Lunch (with veggie option) on Gaither Lawn or Gaither Fellowship Hall if rain
- 12:30: Open Mic
- 1:30: Conclusion of Creative Writing Festival