Spring 2021 Commencement
Saturday, May 8, 2021
In-person and live streamed
Morning Ceremony – 10:00 a.m. (EDT) – School of Adult and Graduate Studies
- Asheville, Charlotte, Morganton, and Online graduates and undergraduates
- 9:00 a.m. – Doors open to guests (tickets required; see below)
- 9:00 a.m. – Graduates sign-in (Anderson lobby) and line-up for processional (TBD) in regalia
- Graduate hood should be carried, not worn
Afternoon Ceremony – 2:00 p.m. (EDT) – School of Arts and Sciences
- Montreat campus traditional undergraduates
- 1:00 p.m. – Doors open to guests (tickets required, see below)
- 1:00 p.m. – Graduates sign-in (Anderson lobby) and line up for processional (TBD) in regalia
Montreat Conference Center – Anderson Auditorium
(Adjacent to the College campus. Address: 303 Lookout Rd., Montreat, NC 28757)
Information coming soon to this web page
- Morning Ceremony for School of Adult and Graduate Studies – 6 guests per graduate.
- Afternoon Ceremony for Tradition Undergraduate Montreat Campus – 4 guests per graduate.
- Please RSVP by 9 April.
Information coming soon to this webpage
Health & Safety
This event is governed by North Carolina COVID-19 regulations.
- Face coverings must be always worn by graduates and guests
- Socially distanced seating will be provided
- Anderson Auditorium will be cleaned between ceremonies
Business casual attire is appropriate under the gown. Flat soled shoes are recommended in the event the processional lines up outdoors on grass. Extended periods of standing should be expected so comfort is the order of the day.
Regalia (cap, gown, tassel) should be ordered from Herff Jones by Tuesday, April 13th. It should be shipped to a personal address, either campus or home. Montreat will not receive/distribute regalia. Optionally, undergraduates may wear a matte black high school cap and gown.
Tip: The gown should be removed from its packaging and ironed or steamed to remove wrinkles. Professional dry cleaners can iron gowns for a fee.
Guests wishing to approach the stage to take photographs should observe social distancing and return to their seats promptly to allow other guests to approach.
Professional photography: TBD
Those wanting overnight accommodations may check the lodging page to search for properties in Black Mountain, Swannanoa, or Asheville. Those located in west and south Asheville are within a 30 minute drive of the Montreat Campus.