The Montreat College Community Book Club will meet at 3:00 p.m. in the Library on the fourth Tuesday of each month. Membership is open to all, though we encourage participants to join the Friends of the Montreat College Library with a $15 annual membership. The membership monies support student scholarships and speakers.
The book topics and discussion leaders for the 2019-20 academic year are below:
- September 24, 2019: Unbroken by Lauren Hillenbrand, led by Tom Widmer.
- October 22, 2019: Educated by Tara Westover, led by Kitty Fouche.
- November 19, 2019: Where the Crawdads Sing by Delia Owens, led by Annie Hall.
- January 28, 2020: The Great Alone by Kristin Hannah, led by Wookie Payne.
- February 25, 2020: Born Fighting: How the Scots-Irish Shaped America by Jim Webb, led by Jane Alexander.
- March 24, 2020: The Sweetness of Forgetting by Kristin Harmel, led by Shirley McIntosh.
- April 28, 2020: Lives Like Loaded Guns: Emily Dickinson by Lyndall Gordon, led by Sue Diehl and Elizabeth Pearson.
- May 26, 2020: Bathed in Prayer by Jan Karon, led by Keith Grogg.