TKC Management Services provides building maintenance, janitorial, landscaping, and event setup services to the Montreat College community.
Contact Facilities at 828.357.4222 or TKCMontreat@tkcmgmt.com or use the request form lower on this page.
In case of facilities emergency: Residence Directors (RDs) and college staff are the only ones authorized to call. Questions regarding emergencies must be directed to RDs.
Please contact Campus Technology for Room Phone, Internet or Cable TV requests or concerns. Email email@example.com or call 828.669.8012 x3663.
- Maintenance Office Hours: 8:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m.
- Janitorial Hours of Operation: Mon-Friday 5:00 a.m.-6:30 p.m. (Please contact TKC Management Services with any housekeeping requests or concerns.)
Routine Maintenance Requests
- Please use the online form for routine requests.
- Please make sure to include all relevant information to clearly explain the issue.
- Please make sure you are keeping a simple record of submitted maintenance requests and the returned responses.
What is a routine maintenance request?
The following are routine calls, unless directed by senior Montreat College Leadership, and require a routine service request.
- Burnt out light bulbs.
- A single room HVAC unit blowing but not cooling/heating properly.
- Rodents (mice) or insects, not an infestation, but seen in room or hallway etc.
- A single shower or mixing valve in an adjoining restroom not regulating temperatures adequately. All other nearby showers work well with hot/cold water functioning properly.
- Musty odor smell in room, hallway etc.
- Individual toilet won’t flush. Toilet is not overflowing, but flush mechanism may need repair. (Ask Resident Director or Conference floor managers for plunger or a bucket to manually flush toilet)
- Roof leak during a storm which moistens ceiling, may drip slightly in a location which is not critical, and can be caught with small pail.
- Locked out of office. Notify Supervisor or Security.
- Key requests. All building key requests must come from supervisor of employee and requires additional form to be completed upon TKC receipt of request.
- Unscheduled set ups. If reasonable and occupants willing, rearrange existing tables and chairs. *Set ups require minimum (1) one week notice.
- Common sense applies and facilities will always provide professional customer service.
Submit a maintenance, janitorial, or event setup request
After Hours/Emergency Request Process
For emergency requests outside the hours of the hours of operation shown above, contact After Hours Maintenance: 828.357.4222. Please provide the following details on after hour request: building name, room number, callers name, phone number or email. Expect other questions from our operator, who will make the determination of emergency response required.
In case of facilities emergency: RDs and college staff are the only ones authorized to call.
What is an emergency call?
- Building outages of hot water or electric.
- Building outages of heat and AC.
- Any flooding and overflowing toilets (not able to be initially cleared by student or college staff).
- Any life safety issues and/or health and environmental, fire, natural disasters, storm damages.
- Major roof leaks which damage the structural integrity of buildings.
- Common sense items, not included above, which risks or threatens, operations, events, classes, or the designed purpose of facility.
Facilities will always work to provide fast customer service to all requests, regardless of prior warning or urgency.