Bible and Religion
School of Adult & Graduate Studies
Enhance your ministry career.
In our Bachelor of Science in Bible and Religion program, you can:
- Learn how to impact the world for Christ through courses in biblical studies and theology.
- Gain practical training in preaching, spiritual formation, and church administration.
- Take advantage of the Billy Graham Evangelistic Association School of Evangelism’s training curriculum in our Preaching and Evangelism concentration.
For over 20 years, the Montreat College School of Adult and Graduate Studies has been equipping adult students with the skills and tools they need to take the next step in their careers. And thanks to our four locations—Asheville, Charlotte, Morganton, and online—and our convenient scheduling options, getting your associate, bachelor’s, or master’s degree from Montreat College has never been easier.
Bachelor of Science in Bible and Religion program is offered in Asheville, Charlotte, and online.
Applicants must submit the following for admissions consideration:
- Montreat College Application for Admission
- Official, final transcripts of all college courses taken*
- Overall grade point average (GPA) of 2.0 on a 4.0 scale or higher in all previous college work attempted.
- Official, final high school transcript or its equivalent (if transferring less than 12 semester credits of college credit)*
- American Council on Education (ACE) verification demonstrating any eligible CLEP and DSST examinations, and non-collegiate military training.
*All final transcripts must include graduation information
BB 202S New Testament Theology
This course introduces the major themes of New Testament theology and their specific relevance for Christian theology, worship, and ethics. These include: the Kingdom of God, justification, sanctification, Pauline theology, etc.
BB 211S Christian Doctrine
A basic study of the major doctrines of the Christian faith and their application to contemporary thought and life. Includes studies in revelation, authority, the existence and nature of God, the person and work of Christ, the Holy Spirit, the Church, man, and Christian ethics.
PR 410S Preparing for the Gospel Ministry
This course lays the foundation from which effective evangelism will be launched. The class accomplishes this in three stages. The first centers on mastering the very message of the Gospel centered on the cross and resurrection of Jesus and developing skills in sharing the Gospel with others. The second lesson takes seriously the topic of sin: its origins as recounted in the Bible, its consequences in the eternal life of the individual and its systemic effects in the world, and our need of Christ’s saving death and resurrection. The third stage focuses on the Great Commission as found in Matthew 28:16-20 as the central evangelical ordinance given to all believers and to become aware of the presence and power of Christ within it.
- Senior Pastor
- Youth Pastor
- Hospice Chaplain
- Nursing Home Chaplain
- Biblical Scholar and Author
- Church Camp Director
- Music Minister
- Non-profit Worker
- Youth Counselor