Location: Asheville, North Carolina (May be Remote)
Manages the financial aid and student accounts process for new and continuing AGS undergraduate and graduate students. Reviews and responds in a timely manner to individual student requests and concerns regarding financial aid. Demonstrate superior customer service. Provides support to Assistant Dean for Academic and Student Services, (AGS) Admissions staff, and Academic Advisors and plays a key part in maintaining institutional data quality in the areas of financial aid and student accounts.
- Establish and maintain positive, continuous relationships with AGS students and provide superior customer service and attention regarding financial aid packaging and student accounts
- Utilize PowerFAIDS for financial aid processing
- Manage and process all student billing; charges (including third parties), fees & fines (from all departments), holds on accounts, and preparation & delivery of student statements
- Post disbursements to student accounts and notify students in a timely manner
- Ensure the successful collection of accounts receivables from students
- Manage and process all payments, payment-plans, refund checks, book vouchers
- Monitor and process student health insurance waivers and billing
- Manage and process all student requests for special payment situations, in collaboration with the business office
- Assist with the training and development of AGS financial services counselors
- Interface with SAS Financial Services Office as appropriate
- Other duties may be assigned
The successful candidate will demonstrate a professional and personal commitment to the mission, vision, and values of Montreat College. That commitment includes agreement with the published Statement of Faith.
The ideal candidate will have experience working in a records office or other office environment where data integrity, technology applications, and customer service are top priority. Qualifications and expectations will include, but are not limited to the following:
- Willingness to be part of a team working in a goal-oriented environment.
- Maintain an organized flow of data and communication between the AGS Office of the Director of Admissions and Marketing, other administrative offices, remote personnel, and students.
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills with great attention to detail.
- Excellent customer service and communication skills.
- Proficient in use of Microsoft Office programs.
- Knowledge of computerized student databases and student information systems preferred.
- Ability to perform in a fast-paced, high-performing, goal-oriented environment
- Ability to interact with a variety of individuals in a professional, courteous, and tactful manner
- Ability to work independently without close supervision
- Ability to prioritize tasks, completing them accurately and in a timely manner
- Ability to maintain a flexible schedule, working some evenings and weekends
Education and Experience
Bachelor’s degree from four-year college or university; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Financial aid/accounting/banking/customer service experience strongly preferred
Assistant Dean for Academic and Student Services – Adult and Graduate Studies.
Application Requirements/How to Apply
Review of applicants will begin immediately and continue until the position fills. We request candidates send the following materials:
- Complete job application
- Cover Letter
- All College Transcripts
- Statement of Faith
- List of Three Professional References with Contact Information
Send materials by email to:
Assistant Dean of Academic & Student Services for AGS
About Montreat College
Montreat College is a Christian liberal arts college accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools to offer masters, bachelors, and associates degrees. The main campus is located in the Blue Ridge Mountains fifteen miles east of Asheville, North Carolina, a region recognized as one of the most attractive living environments in the United States. Additional locations in Asheville and Charlotte supplement the main campus. The College is committed to Christ-centered teaching and learning and is a member of the Council for Christian Colleges & Universities.
Senior Counselor, AGS Student Financial Services
Manages the financial aid and student accounts process for new and continuing AGS undergraduate and graduate students. Reviews and responds in a timely manner to individual student requests and concerns regarding financial aid. Demonstrate superior customer service. Provides support to (AGS) Admissions staff and Associate Registrar/Director of Academic Advising and Academic Advisors and plays a key part in maintaining institutional data quality in the areas of financial aid and student accounts.
Salary Currency: USD
Date Posted: 2022-07-11
Employment Type : FULL_TIME
Hiring Organization : Montreat College
Organization URL: https://www.montreat.edu
Organization Logo: https://www.montreat.edu/wp-content/uploads/2022/06/montreat-1080.jpg
Job Type: TELECOMMUTE
Location: PostalAddress, 310 Gaither Circle, Montreat, NC, 28757, United States
- Bachelor Degree
Experience Required: 12 Months