Reporting to the Vice President of Advancement, this employee will develop a strategic and comprehensive major gifts program by identifying, qualifying, cultivating and soliciting major gifts necessary for all college funds.
A qualified candidate will have a personal commitment to Jesus Christ and support of the Christian character and mission of Montreat College. The candidate will possess progressively increasing responsibility and success in major gift development. The candidate will also possess a clear ability to articulate the essentials of a Christian liberal arts college. This person must possess the necessary leadership and external relations skills to secure major funding that supports the mission and vision of the college.
The candidate will possess progressively increasing responsibility and success in major gift development. The candidate will also possess a clear ability to articulate the essentials of a Christian liberal arts college. This person must possess the necessary leadership and external relations skills to secure major funding that supports the mission and vision of the college.
Other qualifications include:
- Excellent people skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communications abilities, including demonstrated ability to make effective oral and written presentations, and edit written and visual communication.
- Critical thinking skills and ability to communicate in an articulate and persuasive manner.
- Excellent organizational skills; ability to prioritize and handle multiple projects in order to meet deadlines.
- Calm demeanor under pressure and deadlines.
- Close attention to detail.
- 6-10 years of progressive, proven experience in development leadership.
- Proven track record in delivering results against objectives.
- Capacity to grasp and communicate vision to a broad spectrum of constituencies.
- Strong biblical worldview of stewardship (read Henri Nouwen’s booklet, The Spirituality of Fundraising).
- Ability to represent Montreat College at events and to the community through various medias.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality in handling all matters within the college.
- Concern for the ministry of the entire college, not just the areas of Advancement.
- Computer proficiency, preferably in Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point, Prezi, and Raiser’s Edge.
- Create and manage a portfolio of 125 major gift prospects/current donors giving $10,000+ annually.
- Develop a personal major gift plan, as well as to participate in the development of the larger major gift planning in collaboration with the VP of Advancement and the president. To include:
- Analyzing giving trends of donors by establishing a moves management system for tracking donor progress
- Creating a plan for new major donor acquisition
- Developing visitation and cultivation strategies for existing major donors and lapsed major donors.
- Develop a working knowledge about planned giving and how estate planning tools can stimulate major gifts.
- Provide necessary wealth researches to develop a better knowledge of potential major donors able to offer substantial gift support for all funds at Montreat College.
- Serve and contribute on the Advancement Council.
- Assist in other duties whenever called upon as needed for the good and welfare of the total college ministry.
- Support and carry out policies established by the college.
Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s desirable. Minimum of 5 years of successful experience in the development field or 10 years in the business environment.
Montreat College Vice President of Advancement
Application Requirements/How to Apply
- Completed job application
- Cover letter reflecting the candidate’s ability to perform the job as detailed in the job description.
- An updated résumé.
- Personal statement of Christian faith.
- Three professional references.
By mail, send to:
Brian C. Guengerich
Vice President for Advancement
P.O. Box 1267
Montreat, NC 28757
By email, send to:
About Montreat College
Montreat College is a Christian liberal arts college accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools to offer masters, bachelors, and associates degrees. The main campus is located in the Blue Ridge Mountains fifteen miles east of Asheville, North Carolina, a region recognized as one of the most attractive living environments in the United States. Satellite campuses in Asheville, Charlotte, and other sites supplement the main campus. The College is committed to Christ centered teaching and learning, and is a member of the Council for Christian Colleges & Universities.
Major Gift Officer
Reporting to the Vice President of Advancement this employee will develop a strategic and comprehensive major gifts program by identifying, qualifying, cultivating and soliciting major gifts necessary for all college funds.
Salary Currency: USD
Date Posted: 2022-07-29
Employment Type : FULL_TIME
Hiring Organization : Montreat College
Organization URL: https://www.montreat.edu
Organization Logo: https://www.montreat.edu/wp-content/uploads/2022/06/montreat-1080.jpg
Location: PostalAddress, 310 Gaither Circle, Montreat, NC, 28757, United States
- Bachelor Degree
Experience Required: 60 Months