The position of Head Tennis Coach is to oversee the successful operation of both the men’s and women’s tennis program, in areas such as but not limited to recruiting mission-fit and academically prepared student athletes, retention, spiritual leadership, scheduling practices, and community-engagement opportunities. The Head Tennis Coach will have a clear understanding of all Montreat College, NAIA, and AAC policies and procedures.
The Head Tennis Coach shall:
- Oversee successful recruiting targets for both teams.
- Ensure scholarship offerings are strategic and within assigned limits
- Supervise the budget spending for both programs.
- Schedule practice/games that will allow for the optimal academic success, and according to AAC and NAIA rules.
- Meet regularly with tennis coaching staff to cover NAIA and AAC rules education.
- Attend all Staff and All-Employee Meetings
- Assist with Discovery Days and other Admissions events
- Meet regularly with AD to update on team culture, spiritual development, retention, recruiting, and budget.
The Head Tennis Coach is accountable to the Athletic Director.
Qualified candidates must have a bachelor’s degree from an accredited four-year college/university. Collegiate playing experience is preferred. Special consideration will be given to candidates with college coaching experience with a history of successful recruiting, retention, and academic oversight.
Candidates must affirm and support the Faith Statement and Community Life Covenant of Montreat College.
Candidates must send the following documents to:
- Complete the hiring Application
- Professional Cover Letter describing your strengths for this position
- Résumé with three (3) professional references
- Statement of Christian Faith
About Montreat College
Montreat College is a Christian liberal arts college accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools to offer masters, bachelors, and associates degrees. The main campus is located in the Blue Ridge Mountains fifteen miles east of Asheville, North Carolina, a region recognized as one of the most attractive living environments in the United States. Satellite campuses in Asheville, Charlotte, and other sites supplement the main campus. The College is committed to Christ-centered teaching and learning, and is a member of the Council for Christian Colleges & Universities.
Job Opening: Head Tennis Coach – Montreat College
The Head Tennis Coach will oversee successful operation of both men’s and women’s tennis programs, and will have clear understanding of all Montreat College, NAIA, and AAC policies and procedures.
Salary Currency: USD
Date Posted: 2023-05-15
Employment Type : FULL_TIME
Hiring Organization : Montreat College
Organization URL: https://www.montreat.edu
Organization Logo: https://www.montreat.edu/wp-content/uploads/2022/06/montreat-1080.jpg
Location: PostalAddress, 310 Gaither Circle, Montreat, NC, 28757, USA
- Bachelor Degree