The Head Softball Coach will oversee all aspects of the softball program and is responsible for, but not limited to: integration of Christian faith, and the recruitment, retention and academic success of the student-athletes. In addition to coaching, this position requires control and oversight of budgets and scheduling of athletic practices and competitions. The Coach will be responsible to maintain compliance with all Montreat College, Appalachian Athletic Conference, and NAIA rules and regulations.
The Head Softball Coach is accountable to the Director of Athletics.
Candidates must support and affirm the College’s Faith Statement and Community Life Covenant.
Essential Job Functions
- Excellent writing skills
- Excellent oral communication skills
- Excellent recruiting skills to meet roster expectations
- Efficiency in computer applications (Microsoft Office, Excel, etc.)
- Ability to read, understand, and apply instructions
- Hear and understand telephone conversations
- Ability to coordinate different tasks simultaneously
- Move about the campus freely (including all facilities)
- Ability to multi-task
- Work closely with the Admissions and Financial Aid office.
- Articulate a clear vision for the softball program
- Set goals and objectives based on the needs and capabilities of the population served
- Articulate and promote student learning and development in the following areas:
- Athletic Excellence
- Prescribe and practice ethical behavior
- Where appropriate, recruit, select, supervise, and develop others in the organization
- Manage financial resources
- Plan, budget for, and evaluate personnel and programs
- Oversee the successful recruiting efforts for the softball program; recruiting student athletes for the athletic team who will represent the mission of Montreat College.
- Maintain full rosters set forth by the Director of Athletics.
- Scheduling of contests and ensure that contests do not conflict with the academic schedule, examination schedule, and regularly scheduled chapel and convocation services.
- Attend all departmental meetings.
- Be familiar with and adhere to departmental policies and procedures as well as NAIA and AAC regulations.
- Participate in the college and departmental planning process by assisting in the formulation of goals, objectives, and outcomes and establish budget priorities.
- Participate in college activities, which include Discovery Days, orientation and registration.
- Develop and maintain a work schedule (office hours) centered on student-athletes accessibility.
- Be responsible for the conduct of athletes, both on and off the playing field.
- Prepare and maintaining a budget for the athletic program.
- Actively participate with all athletic fund raising programs.
- Communicate the needs and maintenance of facilities and equipment to the Director of Athletics.
- Maintain scholarship amounts according to allotted budget.
- Shall be responsible for providing statistical information to the Conference SID and Montreat College SID in a timely fashion.
- Organizes and conducts practice sessions.
- Lead the team with at least two service projects per academic year to reach out to the community in servant-leadership.
- Other duties as assigned.
Compensation and Benefits
The Head Softball Coach is a full-time, benefitted 10-month position. Salary is commensurate with experience.
A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited four-year institution is required; Master’s degree preferred. Extra consideration will be given to candidates with successful recruiting and college coaching experience.
Please email the following materials to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Completed employment application
- Cover letter
- Statement of Christian faith
- Résumé with three references
About Montreat College
Montreat College is a Christian liberal arts college accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools to offer masters, bachelors, and associates degrees. The main campus is located in the Blue Ridge Mountains fifteen miles east of Asheville, North Carolina, a region recognized as one of the most attractive living environments in the United States. Satellite campuses in Asheville, Charlotte, and other sites supplement the main campus. The College is committed to Christ-centered teaching and learning and is a member of the Council for Christian Colleges & Universities.
Job Opening: Head Softball Coach – Montreat College
The Head Softball Coach will oversee the softball program and is responsible for the recruitment and academic success of the student-athletes.
Salary Currency: USD
Date Posted: 2023-05-12
Employment Type : FULL_TIME
Hiring Organization : Montreat College
Organization URL: https://www.montreat.edu
Organization Logo: https://www.montreat.edu/wp-content/uploads/2022/06/montreat-1080.jpg
Location: PostalAddress, 310 Gaither Circle, Montreat, NC, 28757, USA
- Bachelor Degree