Montreat College seeks to be a leader in Christ-centered higher education regionally, nationally and globally. As such, there is a need for Admissions staff who are focused on the recruitment of new students within particular academic programs and geographic territories by implementing successful strategies that result in meeting aggressive application and enrollment goals with creativity, persistence, personal appeal, excellent service, and a compelling consistent message.
The applicant will serve as the primary point of contact for students and parents contacting Admissions and entering the office, support the enrollment goals by managing timely entry of student data into the database/CRM, prompt processing and sending of mail, and general coordination of application pieces in preparation for. Assist with routine imports and exports in/out of our CRM system. Manage new student transcripts and course registration.
Reports to: Director of Admissions
Successful candidate will affirm and support the Mission, Vision, and Statement of Faith of Montreat College.
Essential job responsibilities include but are not limited to assisting to meet or exceed new student enrollment goals annually (with a focus on non-athlete students) according to industry best-practices.
Office and Data Coordination
- Greet visitors, answer and direct all incoming phone calls, handing off to appropriate staff as needed.
- Receive and provide timely and appropriate handling of all messages in the admissions inbox.
- Oversee the processing of daily incoming and outgoing mail in a timely and accurate manner.
- Ensure consistent, accurate, and timely entry of student data into database/CRM. Assist with routine data exports and reports.
- Manage downloading, importing and/or manual entry of new student inquiries, applications, test scores, transcripts from various sources.
- Process information and updates in the database/CRM.
- Contribute to the oversight of student workers who assist in achieving enrollment goals.
- Assist Admissions management and IT CRM administrators in assessing procedures and suggesting ways to streamline and improve the recruitment and enrollment process and increase the likelihood of successfully meeting enrollment goals.
- Meet on a regular basis with Admissions management and other members of the admissions team to evaluate progress toward goals.
Transcript and Registration Coordination
- Create transfer evaluations for new accepted and deposited students.
- Draft new-student course schedules and pre-register new students for classes.
- Communicate with and guide new students regarding dual enrollment and transfer credits, and course registration.
- Serve as liaison between Admissions and Registrar offices.
- Help to maintain consistent, current contact records in recruitment database/CRM and provide weekly status reports.
- Process and enter data for transcripts, standardized test scores and other application pieces in CRM as needed.
- Meet on a regular basis with the Director and other members of the admissions team to evaluate performance.
Secondary job responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Conduct interviews and provide campus tours to prospective students, families and influencers during campus visits and events, as needed.
- Support on-campus, off-campus and virtual admissions events via preparation, execution and follow-up as needed.
- Serve as a peer mentor for new full-time admissions staff and student workers.
- Assist with miscellaneous departmental duties as assigned.
Minimum Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Excel, database and/or CRM system experience strongly preferred
- Admissions/recruiting/sales/customer service/marketing experience strongly preferred
- Demonstrate and articulate a personal Christian faith
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong desire to promote Christ-centered higher education
- Ability to perform in a fast-paced, high-performing, metrics-oriented environment
- Ability to set and achieve individual goals connected to the mission/vision of the college and the
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to interact with a variety of individuals in a professional, courteous and tactful manner
- Ability to work independently without close supervision
- Ability to obtain and maintain a valid driver’s license
- Ability to travel within assigned areas
- Ability to prioritize tasks, completing them accurately and in a timely manner
- Ability to maintain a flexible schedule, working some evenings and weekends
- Knowledge and understanding of basic computer skills
Please submit the following documents to Director of Admissions Laura Buckwalter at firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Completed Application
- Professional cover letter
- Professional resume with three references
- Statement of Christian faith
About Montreat College
Montreat College is a Christian liberal arts college accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools to offer masters, bachelors, and associates degrees. The main campus is located in the Blue Ridge Mountains fifteen miles east of Asheville, North Carolina, a region recognized as one of the most attractive living environments in the United States. Satellite campuses in Asheville, Charlotte, and other sites supplement the main campus. The College is committed to Christ centered teaching and learning, and is a member of the Council for Christian Colleges & Universities.
Job Posting: Admissions Office and Data Coordinator
Applicant will serve as the primary point of contact for students and parents contacting Admissions, with management of student database/CRM and mailings.
Salary Currency: USD
Date Posted: 2023-05-10
Employment Type : FULL_TIME
Hiring Organization : Montreat College
Organization URL: https://www.montreat.edu
Organization Logo: https://www.montreat.edu/wp-content/uploads/2022/06/montreat-1080.jpg
Location: PostalAddress, 310 Gaither Circle, Montreat, NC, 28757, USA
- Bachelor Degree