Location: Montreat, North Carolina
Department: Thrive Center for Learning, Calling, and Career
Supervisor: Associate Dean for Learning, Calling, and Career
Start date: July 1, 2022
The Graduate Assistant for The Montreat Experience will assist the Associate Dean for Learning, Calling, and Career, the Career Development Specialist, and other campus partners in the launch and management of The Montreat Experience, a program centered on students’ experiential learning gained through campus co-curricular involvement, and development of skills and characteristics desired by employers. The graduate assistant is expected to affirm, model, and cultivate the Christ-centered mission of Montreat College.
- Assist The Montreat Experience team in introducing the program and ePortfolio to first-year students
- Collaborate on the development of co-curricular programming to show students the value of involvement and outcomes leading to increased employability
- Collaborate with Student Life partners to strengthen the student experience side of the “Life at Montreat” app for students to increase engagement with the tool and involvement in campus experiences
- Develop a sample portfolio, enhanced 4-year plan, and other resources supporting student engagement in the program
- Collaborate in administration of the ePortfolio platform to ensure current and accurate information about opportunities for involvement and associated outcomes
- Work with campus partners to develop and manage workflows and processes related to the ongoing administration of the student app
Start date is July 1, 2022. Remuneration includes tuition and stipend.
A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited four-year institution is required. This is a 20 hour per week, 10-month position that requires the employee to be a full-time student in a Montreat College graduate studies program. (Stipend will be distributed over 12 months.) The candidate must be able to affirm and support the college’s statement of faith and community life covenant.
Application Requirements/How to Apply
Dr. Marie Wisner, Associate Dean for Learning, Calling, and Career
Montreat College, 310 Gaither Circle, P.O. Box 1267, Montreat, NC 28757
- Complete job application
- Cover Letter
- Statement of Faith
- Three Reference Contacts
About Montreat College
Montreat College is a Christian liberal arts college accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools to offer master’s, bachelor’s, and associate degrees. The main campus is located in the Blue Ridge Mountains fifteen miles east of Asheville, North Carolina, a region recognized as one of the most attractive living environments in the United States. Satellite campuses in Asheville, Charlotte, and other sites supplement the main campus. The College is committed to Christ-centered teaching and learning and is a member of the Council for Christian Colleges & Universities.
Graduate Assistant for The Montreat Experience
The Graduate Assistant for The Montreat Experience will assist the Associate Dean for Learning, Calling, and Career, the Career Development Specialist, and other campus partners in the launch and management of The Montreat Experience, a program centered on students’ experiential learning gained through campus co-curricular involvement, and development of skills and characteristics desired by employers.
Salary Currency: USD
Date Posted: 2022-05-27
Employment Type : PART_TIME
Hiring Organization : Montreat College
Organization URL: https://www.montreat.edu
Organization Logo: https://www.montreat.edu/wp-content/uploads/2022/06/montreat-1080.jpg
Location: PostalAddress, 310 Gaither Circle, Montreat, NC, 28757, United States
- Bachelor Degree