Location: Montreat, North Carolina
Start Date: August 2023
Montreat College seeks a Director of Teacher Education who is motivated to help build the Montreat College Teacher Education Program in its next stage of development. Restarted in 2015 the Montreat Teacher Education Program has grown from 6 to nearly 45 students in both the licensure and non-licensure areas. Our goal is to double that number of students in the next two to three years. This hire will focus on honing and building the curriculum with a continued focus on meeting state and national requirements.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintain program quality, ensuring recency/relevance to current instructional practice
- Develop and maintain course scheduling and staffing
- Keep informed and active with state and national policy (NCDPI)
- Participate in state level organizations (NCACTE, NCICU, AILACTE, NCDPI)
- Keep current with accreditation requirements (AAQEP)
- Maintain working relationships with local districts (Buncombe and McDowell MOUs)
- Seek and maintain working relationships with IHE partners (MHU, LRU, MTCC articulation agreements)
- Chair the Teacher Education Committee
- Comply with all State and Federal Reporting Requirements (NC Annual Report, Title II)
- Manage data required for all reporting requirements
- Verify completion of all state requirements for licensure
- Seek placements for students in the professional year
- Develop and maintain relationships with principals and cooperating teachers
- Supervise candidates in the professional year 4 times each semester
- Teach courses in the Education (EDUC) program
- Additional responsibilities include advising students, participating in faculty committees, and other duties as described in the Faculty Handbook.
Affirm and support the Mission, Vision, and Statement of Faith of Montreat College.
- Demonstrate support for Christian liberal arts education and the specific ability to integrate faith and the discipline in a compelling, thoughtful manner.
- Give evidence of teaching excellence and a willingness to serve the broader college community through service and committee work are expected.
- Hold an earned Doctorate in the area of Teacher Education
- Have teaching experience in the elementary classroom, either public or private
Vice President for Academic Affairs
Application Requirements/How to Apply
Review of applicants will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Candidates are requested to send the following materials:
- Complete Job Application
- Letter of Application
- Curriculum Vitae
- Transcripts of Undergraduate and Graduate Work
- Statement of Faith
- Statement of Philosophy of Christian Higher Education
- List of Three References with Contact Information
Send Materials by email to:
Dr. Mark Hijleh
Vice President for Academic Affairs
About Montreat College
Montreat College is a Christian liberal arts college accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools to offer masters, bachelors, and associates degrees. The main campus is located in the Blue Ridge Mountains fifteen miles east of Asheville, North Carolina, a region recognized as one of the most attractive living environments in the United States. Additional locations in Asheville, Charlotte, and Morganton supplement the main campus. The College is committed to Christ-centered teaching and learning, and is a member of the Council for Christian Colleges & Universities.
Job: Director of Teacher Education – Montreat College
The Director of Teacher Education will focus on honing the curriculum with a continued focus on meeting state and national requirements.
Salary Currency: USD
Date Posted: 2022-09-16
Employment Type : FULL_TIME
Hiring Organization : Montreat College
Organization URL: https://www.montreat.edu
Organization Logo: https://www.montreat.edu/wp-content/uploads/2022/06/montreat-1080.jpg
Location: PostalAddress, 310 Gaither Circle, Montreat, NC, 28757, United States
- Postgraduate Degree
Experience Required: 12 Months