Location: Montreat, North Carolina
Supervisor: Vice President of Advancement
The primary responsibility of the Director of Keystone Scholarship is to:
- Manage a portfolio of 60-100 Keystone Scholarship donors through the Moves Management process.
- Lead the fundraising planning and implementation for the Keystone Scholarship, the College’s $1.65 million annual scholarship fund.
- Work with Gift Officers through their portfolios to ensure revenue flow is maintained
- Build strategy and tactics to foster growth in the four President’s Circle societies, i.e. Leadership, Loyalty, Lifetime, and Legacy.
- Lead strategy of our Keystone Scholarship events such as: Giving Tuesday, Keystone Scholarship Dinner, and the Spring Giving Day.
- Demonstrate and articulate a personal Christian faith Affirm and support Montreat College’s Christ-centered mission, vision, statement of faith, and community life covenant.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Detail-oriented – record and track history and progress along with future projections
- Committed to strong internal and external customer service and to enhancing a culture of excellence
- Bachelor of Science or Bachelor of Arts degree with 5+ years administrative/leadership experience in development preferably higher education
- Demonstrated organizational and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated skills in technology – Microsoft Office Suite programs, G Suite (Google programs), and Database Software and Systems, e.g., Raisers Edge, Blackbaud’s Fundraising Performance Management (formerly Reheer)
- Proven ability to maintain high level of professionalism and confidentiality
- Comfortable as an active team member in a highly relational and goal-oriented environment
- Manage a portfolio of leadership annual giving donors ($1,000-9,999) and prospects with an eye toward building major gift donors.
- Overnight travel is expected.
- Create and execute strategies for achieving Keystone Scholarship annual goal, working collaboratively with Advancement team and Marketing and Communications team.
- Lead the team to a successful Giving Tuesday, focused on the Keystone Scholarship.
- Oversee the Keystone Scholarship Dinner planning and support peer-to-peer fundraising efforts.
- Lead the President’s Circle program.
- Develop strategies for donors giving at higher levels,
- Events planning for annual receptions once COVID-19 relaxes,
- Gift tracking,
- Build 3 to 4 annual communication plans to include presidential “insider info,” and
- Thank PC donors 2-3 times per year – stewardship.
- Provide content for Advancement communications, ensuring messages are aligned with the college’s communication branding and sent in a timely manner.
- Appeal letters and their implementation to various audiences.
- Lead special giving initiatives, such as #GivingTuesday (fall) and Supportive Friends Matching Gift Campaign (late spring).
- Ensure the Advancement web pages that pertain to the annual fund are up to date.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Completed job application
- Cover letter reflecting the candidate’s ability to perform the job as detailed in the job description.
- An updated résumé.
- Personal statement of Christian faith.
- Affirm and support Montreat College’s Community Life Covenant and Statement of Faith.
- Three professional references.
- By email, reply to this post or send material to Brian Guengerich, firstname.lastname@example.org
- By mail, send to:
Brian C. Guengerich
Vice President for Advancement
P.O. Box 1267
Montreat, NC 28757
About Montreat College
Montreat College is a Christian liberal arts college accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools to offer master’s, bachelor’s, and associate degrees. The main campus is located in the Blue Ridge Mountains fifteen miles east of Asheville, North Carolina, a region recognized as one of the most attractive living environments in the United States. Satellite campuses in Asheville, Charlotte, and other sites supplement the main campus. The College is committed to Christ-centered teaching and learning and is a member of the Council for Christian Colleges & Universities.
Director of Keystone Scholarship
The Director of Keystone Scholarship will manage a portfolio of 60-100 Keystone Scholarship donors through the Moves Management process.
Salary Currency: USD
Date Posted: 2022-05-27
Employment Type : FULL_TIME
Hiring Organization : Montreat College
Organization URL: https://www.montreat.edu
Organization Logo: https://www.montreat.edu/wp-content/uploads/2022/06/montreat-1080.jpg
Location: PostalAddress, 310 Gaither Circle, Montreat, NC, 28757, United States
- Bachelor Degree
Experience Required: 60 Months