Montreat College’s award-winning, cutting-edge and visionary cybersecurity program prepares students to solve the cybersecurity issues and concerns faced today in many corporate and government environments. Montreat College is actively engaged in developing government, industry, and educational partnerships in the field of cybersecurity. In addition to a traditional on-campus program, and a global online program, Montreat College established the Carolina Cybersecurity Center to focus on continuing education training (including an innovative workforce development program), providing regional cybersecurity services, and developing public/private partnerships to advance the “state of practice” in cybersecurity.
Montreat College and the Carolina Cyber Center have an open position to lead the marketing and sales activities for the Carolina Cyber Center.
Location: Montreat, North Carolina
Start Date: Negotiable
Reports to: Vice President for Marketing & Communications
The Content Marketing Specialist leads in the assessment of marketing strategies, tools, processes and actions in order to effectively shape, advertise, and market products and services provided by Carolina Cyber Center.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Content Marketing Specialist – Define, validate and launch C3’s marketing and sales engines
- Determine customer’s decision-making unit (DMU), define and assess “windows of opportunity” and “triggers” for buying behavior
- Map processes to acquire paying customers – the “DMU process”.
- Map the end-to-end sales process to acquire paying customers.
- In collaboration with the leadership team:
- Define, document and map resource needs to the various market segments
- Define, assess and select a beachhead market. Where, with rapid learning, an initial market presence can be established and iterated in order to reduce risk while accelerating time-to-profitability.
- Estimate the Total Addressable Market (TAM) for the various beachhead markets and evaluate a potential ‘multisided end user market.’
- Build an end-user profile for the beachhead marketing
- Profile the persona for the beachhead market
- Develop and document the “full life cycle use case” for buyers and users/consumers of our products and services
- Define and document the high-level product specifications.
- Identify our next 10 potential customers.
- In consult with the Carolina Cyber Center leadership team and VP for MarComm, the marketing and sales specialist serves as the primary marketing and communications strategist and is responsible for executing those strategies. This includes:
- Developing and executing marketing plans intended to drive sales and increase revenue
- Managing social media channels
- Creating and optimizing emails, website content, and digital marketing campaigns
- Writing content and coordinating design of marketing collateral
An earned bachelor’s degree in business, marketing/sales, or a related field and 3-to-5 years of “hands-on” experience in similar roles with a demonstrated a track record of supporting marketing and sales growth for a B2C service. Excellent communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills, proficiency in MS Office, especially Word, Excel, and Outlook. Experience using social media, digital marketing, content marketing, email automation and customer relationship software to generate leads and move those leads through sales funnels.
Application Requirements/How to Apply
Review of applicants will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. The following materials should be submitted for consideration:
- Completed job application
- Letter of Application
- Statement of Faith
- A qualified candidate will have a personal commitment to Jesus Christ and affirm and support the vision, mission, statement of faith, and community life covenant of Montreat College.
Send materials electronically to:
Sara Baughman, VP for Communications & Marketing
About Montreat College
Montreat College is a Christian liberal arts college accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools to offer master’s, bachelor’s, and associate degrees. The main campus is located in the Blue Ridge Mountains fifteen miles east of Asheville, North Carolina, a region recognized as one of the most attractive living environments in the United States. Satellite campuses in Asheville, Charlotte, and other sites supplement the main campus. The College is committed to Christ-centered teaching and learning and is a member of the Council for Christian Colleges & Universities.
The Carolina Cyber Center began as a vision from Dr. Paul Maurer, President of Montreat College, in 2018 to leverage the tremendous progress Montreat College made with its cybersecurity education program (e.g., 50+% enrollment growth, highly qualified/experienced professors, CAE designation from NSA/DHS, MOU with the U.S. Army). Initial funding for C3 was provided by Montreat College and in 2019 the State of North Carolina provided additional funding. The Center’s vison is to be a national demonstration resource for developing community cyber awareness, ethical cybersecurity professionals, and public/private partnerships to advance the “state of practice” in cybersecurity.
Content Marketing Specialist - Carolina Cyber Center
Content Marketing Specialist leads in the assessment of marketing strategies, tool, processes and actions in order to effectively shape, advertise, and market products and services provided by Carolina Cyber Center.
Salary Currency: USD
Date Posted: 2022-05-27
Employment Type : FULL_TIME
Hiring Organization : Montreat College
Organization URL: https://www.montreat.edu
Organization Logo: https://www.montreat.edu/wp-content/uploads/2022/06/montreat-1080.jpg
Job Type: TELECOMMUTE
Location: PostalAddress, 310 Gaither Circle, Montreat, NC, 28757, United States
- Bachelor Degree
Experience Required: 36 Months