Location: Montreat, North Carolina
Start Date: August 2023
The School of Arts and Sciences at Montreat College seeks a full-time faculty member in the Business Department to join a growing and dynamic faculty team. Montreat College’s enrollment has grown rapidly in recent years, and Business students currently constitute one of the largest majors on campus. This faculty member will teach introductory and upper-level courses in Marketing.
Duties and Responsibilities
The candidate will be responsible for:
- Teaching general education and major courses in the Business department determined by background and departmental needs, including but not limited to courses in Marketing.
- Courses may include but are not limited to: Principles of Marketing, Principles of Advertising, Marketing Research, International Marketing, E-commerce, and related.
- Advising students
- Participating in faculty committees
- Other duties as described in the Faculty Handbook
Successful candidate will affirm and support the Mission, Vision, and Statement of Faith of Montreat College.
The successful candidate will also demonstrate support for Christian liberal arts education and the specific ability to integrate faith and the discipline in a compelling, thoughtful manner.
Teaching excellence and a willingness to serve the broader college community through service and committee work are also expected.
PhD in a Business field or DBA preferred (Masters required). ABDs may be considered if evidence of progress toward dissertation completion can be presented. Professional experience in Marketing preferred, and will be considered a part of the professional credentialing in the absence of a doctorate. College-level teaching experience preferred.
Vice President of Academic Affairs
Application Requirements/How to Apply
Review of applicants will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Candidates should send the following materials:
- Complete Job Application
- Letter of Application
- Curriculum Vitae
- Transcripts of Undergraduate and Graduate Work (unofficial transcripts are acceptable for initial screening; official transcripts required prior to employment)
- Statement of Faith
- Statement of Philosophy of Christian Higher Education
- List of Three References with Contact Information
Send materials by email to:
Dr. Mark Hijleh
Vice President of Academic Affairs
About Montreat College
Montreat College is a Christian liberal arts college accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools to offer masters, bachelors, and associates degrees. The main campus is located in the Blue Ridge Mountains fifteen miles east of Asheville, North Carolina, a region recognized as one of the most attractive living environments in the United States. The College is committed to Christ-centered teaching and learning, and is a member of the Council for Christian Colleges & Universities.
Job Posting: Assistant Professor of Business – Marketing
This full-time faculty member will teach introductory and upper-level courses in Marketing in one of the largest majors in this.
Salary Currency: USD
Date Posted: 2022-09-07
Employment Type : FULL_TIME
Hiring Organization : Montreat College
Organization URL: https://www.montreat.edu
Organization Logo: https://www.montreat.edu/wp-content/uploads/2022/06/montreat-1080.jpg
Location: PostalAddress, 310 Gaither Circle, Montreat, NC, 28757, United States
- Postgraduate Degree