Promote Montreat College to qualified prospective students and the people who influence them. Manage a portfolio of students based on academic programs and implement successful strategies that lead to meeting aggressive enrollment goals through consistent processes using creativity, persistence, personal appeal, excellent service, and a compelling consistent message.
Director of Admissions
Successful candidate will affirm and support the Mission, Vision and Statement of Faith of Montreat College as found here.
Essential job responsibilities include but are not limited to:
Manage a portfolio of ~500 applied students with goals to enroll ~150 students (~50 non-athletes) annually within an assigned portfolio of academic programs according to industry best-practices; for example:
- Maintain consistent, ongoing follow-up contact throughout the year with prospective students via phone calls (average of 60-70 per week), email, letters, app-based text messages and personal visits, etc. until the enrollment process is complete.
- Maintain a consistent list of top prospects with next steps outlined for each student.
- Conduct interviews and provide campus tours to prospective students, families, and influencers during campus visits and events.
- Maintain consistent, current contact records in recruitment database/CRM and provide weekly status reports.
- Meet on a regular basis with the Director and other members of the admissions team to evaluate the status of prospective students and progress toward goals. Keep the Director and VP informed regarding travel, enrollment statistics, etc.
- Evaluate applications for admission according to established institutional criteria.
- Assist in management of student workers who aid in achieving enrollment goals.
- Assist in maintaining an organized flow of data, admissions files, and communications to internal and external constituents.
- Assist management in assessing procedures and suggest ways to streamline and improve the recruitment and enrollment process.
Secondary job responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Assist with special campus events involving prospective students and their families.
- Serve as a peer mentor for new admission counselors.
- Assist with miscellaneous departmental duties as assigned.
Minimum Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Admissions/recruiting/sales/customer service/marketing experience strongly preferred
- Demonstrate and articulate a personal Christian faith
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong desire to promote Christ-centered higher education
- Ability to perform in a fast-paced, high-performing, goal-oriented environment
- Ability to set and achieve individual goals connected to the mission/vision of the college and the department
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to interact with a variety of individuals in a professional, courteous and tactful manner
- Ability to work independently without close supervision
- Ability to obtain and maintain a valid driver’s license
- Ability to travel within assigned areas
- Ability to prioritize tasks, completing them accurately and in a timely manner
- Ability to maintain a flexible schedule, working some evenings and weekends
- Knowledge and understanding of basic computer skills
Please submit the following documents to Director of Admissions Laura Buckwalter at firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Complete application
- Professional cover letter
- Professional resume with three references
- Statement of Christian faith
About Montreat College
Montreat College is a Christian liberal arts college accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools to offer masters, bachelors, and associates degrees. The main campus is located in the Blue Ridge Mountains fifteen miles east of Asheville, North Carolina, a region recognized as one of the most attractive living environments in the United States. Satellite campuses in Asheville, Charlotte, and other sites supplement the main campus. The College is committed to Christ centered teaching and learning, and is a member of the Council for Christian Colleges & Universities.
Job Opening: Admissions Counselor – Montreat College
The Admissions Counselor will promote Montreat College to qualified prospective students and the people who influence them.
Salary Currency: USD
Date Posted: 2023-01-23
Employment Type : FULL_TIME
Hiring Organization : Montreat College
Organization URL: https://www.montreat.edu
Organization Logo: https://www.montreat.edu/wp-content/uploads/2022/06/montreat-1080.jpg
Location: PostalAddress, 310 Gaither Circle, Montreat, NC, 28757, United States
- Bachelor Degree