Location: Montreat, NC
Application Deadline: Until Filled
Start Date: Immediately
The administrative assistant’s primary responsibility is to provide organizational and administrative support to the Vice President for Advancement (VP) of Montreat College. The Administrative Assistant is an ambassador of the College to internal and external constituents, requiring a high degree of interpersonal skills, independent judgment, maturity, and professionalism.
- Manage the calendar and travel arrangements of the VP.
- Support the VP in organization of stewardship plan and related documents
- Help manage and organize Google documents related to the Catalytic Campaign
- Answer the phone and greet visitors as an ambassador/representative of the college to internal and external constituents.
- Responsible for writing and mailing thank you letters as needed.
- Schedule meetings internally and externally by calling prospective appointments.
- Acquire strong grasp of office budget with an understanding of how department expenses are applied. Insure ongoing management of office budget.
- Acquire and maintain proficiency in using Montreat College’s database(s).
- Help plan, manage, and execute special events as necessary. Will work some evenings and weekends.
- Serve as project manager for projects as assigned by the VP.
- Provide administrative management for the President’s Advisory Council.
- Host both internal and external constituencies/guests, including preparation of itinerary, arrangement of meals, and all logistics. Purchase all hospitality supplies as needed.
- Maintain the appearance of the Advancement office as a professional setting.
- Ensure that correspondence to the Advancement Office is responded to in a timely way. Provide drafts of select correspondence. This includes emails; individual letters; merge mailings, and filing documents as appropriate.
- Be responsible for all errands as needed.
- Maintain the organizational needs of the advancement office including incoming/outgoing mail, office supplies, and team meetings.
- Other duties as assigned.
A personal commitment to Jesus Christ and support of the Christian character and mission of Montreat College.
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to function well as a member of a team.
- Strong organizational and administrative skills including: word processing; a complete/firm understanding of the form and style of professional/business correspondence; travel scheduling; file maintenance and; the ability to complete tasks in an efficient and timely way with limited supervision.
- Strong command of MSOffice, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- A demonstrated record of taking initiative.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Excellent command of English as a spoken & written language, including spelling, grammar and proofreading skills.
- Project management and problem-solving skills with ability to manage multiple priorities and gain cooperation of others.
- Ability to perform tasks while being frequently interrupted.
- A strong understanding of confidentiality and the ability to handle sensitive materials and conversations.
Bachelor’s degree preferred and/or five (5) years relevant experience.
Montreat College Vice President for Advancement
Application Requirements/How to Apply
- Complete job application
- Cover letter reflecting the candidate’s ability to perform the job as detailed in the job description.
- An updated résumé.
- Personal statement of faith.
Send cover letter, résumé, and statement of faith to:
VP for Advancement
P.O. Box 1267
Montreat, NC 28757
About Montreat College
Montreat College is a Christian liberal arts college accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools to offer master’s, bachelor’s, and associate degrees. The main campus is located in the Blue Ridge Mountains fifteen miles east of Asheville, North Carolina, a region recognized as one of the most attractive living environments in the United States. Satellite campuses in Asheville, Charlotte, and other sites supplement the main campus. The College is committed to Christ-centered teaching and learning and is a member of the Council for Christian Colleges & Universities.
Administrative Assistant to Vice President for Advancement
The administrative assistant's primary responsibility is to provide organizational and administrative support to the Vice President for Advancement (VP) of Montreat College.
Salary Currency: USD
Date Posted: 2022-05-25
Employment Type : FULL_TIME
Hiring Organization : Montreat College
Organization URL: https://www.montreat.edu
Organization Logo: https://www.montreat.edu/wp-content/uploads/2022/06/montreat-1080.jpg
Location: PostalAddress, 310 Gaither Circle, Montreat, NC, 28757, United States
- Bachelor Degree
Experience Required: 60 Months