Join us this summer for a week you will never forget
July 9-14, 2018
About the Running Camp
Get in shape, grow in faith, and conquer Lookout.
Join us this summer for a week you will never forget.
Eleven years ago, the moment I set foot on the campus of Montreat College and its Black Mountain Campus, I immediately envisioned hosting a residential cross country camp. Its proximity to the variety of parks and trail heads, including the creeks and lakes– it was perfect. I knew Montreat, with its natural beauty, including the great summer weather and elevation changes, would be the home of the Cavalier Distance Running Camp.
Simply put, Montreat College had all the tools for an awesome running camp: trails, streams, a beautiful campus, seclusion, yet a short drive to hit the Asheville city-life! But with so many running camps across the country, Coach Jason Lewkowicz and I felt it was important that we provide our campers with a superior running camp experience, in a Christ-centered environment… where middle school, high school, and college runners could gather, train, and be motivated in the fellowship of other young Christians.
Naturally, the staff that will serve you during your week at the Montreat College Running Camp was hand-selected for their Christian leadership and their knowledge of our sport. They motivate me in my personal walk, as I am sure they will do the same for you.
It is our hope that once you experience our camp you:
- had a ton of fun!
- had an amazing week of fellowship with other young Christians!
- were educated in many aspects of training and athletic preparation by a knowledgeable staff.
- had many opportunities to praise and worship God!
- left motivated and ready to have a tremendous cross country and track season!
Hope to see you this summer,
Coach Jose Larios
Athletic Director at Montreat College (Montreat, NC).
Date | July 9-14, 2018
Location | Montreat, North Carolina | Access a campus map
Activities | High ropes, swimming, talent show, bible studies, worship, and of course, lots of running!
High School Cross Country Runners (9th-12th grade)
A limited number of spots will be available to middle school runners with prior running experience. All middle school runners must be accompanied by an adult for the duration of camp. This can be a parent or a coach if it is a team.
This residential camp will include clean, air-conditioned dorm rooms (double occupancy required in each room- bunk beds) in Montreat College’s Davis Hall and three all-you-can-eat meals per day in the Howerton Dining Hall, continental breakfast bar, deli and fruit bar, and catered meals. Your camp fee will also cover all activities and your awesome annual camp t-shirt!
There is a $100.00 deposit to secure your spot, which is required within two weeks of registering. The remaining balance is due at check-in.
- Cost per camper: $500.00
- Cost per coach: $350.00 or FREE with 7 paid runners
- Cost per parent (middle school only): $350.00
Limited scholarships are available based on financial need, and will be offered at the discretion of the Coaching Staff.
Gift Bags! Each runner will receive a super cool camp t-shirt, Montreat College souvenir, and all lecture handouts/materials. There may be a few extra surprises thrown in!
Camp check-in | Monday, July 9, 10am-12pm at Howerton Hall porch.
Camp check-out | Saturday, July 14, 8am-10am, Davis Hall
What to Bring
All campers are asked to:
- Bring your Bibles!
- Come prepared to train!
- Pack ample running clothes and proper shoes! 2 pairs of running shoes are recommended
- Arrive with a positive attitude and willingness to be challenged!
- Bring TWO towels! One for showers and one for soaking in the creek!
- Extra cash (not too much) for any trips we make into Black Mountain/Asheville
- Benadryl (for bee stings, or if you deal with allergies, etc)
What not to Bring
Please DO NOT bring:
- Any valuables/wallets/purses/excessive cash
- A poor attitude and laziness!
- TVs or Video Games (forget about it!)
- Cell phones are allowed and campers are encouraged to use them only to check in with family throughout the week…and maybe to grab a few pictures of the beautiful mountain scenery!