Montreat College announced the hiring of Jason Lewkowicz as head coach of its Track and Field and Cross Country teams today.

“We are thrilled to have the Lewkowicz family join us at Montreat College,” said Montreat Athletic Director Jose Larios. “Jason’s heart for sports ministry and discipleship is encouraging to all that have worked with him. Coupled with his background in developing a competitive, Christ-centered team culture at the national level, his leadership will be a great addition to our team.”

Lewkowicz earned his first head coaching position in 2005 at the Univerisy of Virginia’s College of Wise. In 2008, Lewkowicz took over a young program at Hannibal-LaGrange University, where he spearheaded the growth of that program from 15 athletes to 45 in just a few short years. In 2011, Coach Lewkowicz took over as head coach for Eastern Mennonite University, where he once again took a small program of 15 total student athletes to a program of 55 in less than four years, leading them to five Top 10 NCAA regional finishes and multiple school records. All told, Lewkowicz has coached over 180 academic all-conference honorees as well as 38 conference champions and several NAIA and NCAA national championship qualifiers.

“I am so excited to get the opportunity to join the Montreat College family,” said Coach Lewkowicz. “I’ve felt a strong connection to Montreat ever since I first got involved with the Cavalier Distance Running Camp eight years ago. I am grateful to be able to join an institution that is dedicated to a Christ-centered mission and I look forward to serving in an environment that is committed to integrating faith and athletics. I believe that the future of Montreat College is extremely bright and I am excited to be a part of that future.”