Your big day is almost here. Get your caps ready. We’re excited to let you know what’s next.
Last Semester Preparations
Before registering for your last semester at Montreat College, be sure that you’ve checked with your advisor to be certain that you’ve signed up for all of your finishing class requirements. You’ll want to have:
- Completed all general education and major requirements
- 126 total hours
- 33 hours at the 300 level or above
- 18 hours completed at Montreat in your major (if you transferred to Montreat)
- All competencies completed
- Documentation of any exceptions granted
You’ll need to apply for graduation before you can officially graduate! Stay in tune with these three deadlines:
- If you plan to graduate in May, apply before March 1st
- If you plan to graduate in August, apply before June 1st
- If you plan to graduate in December, apply before October 1st
Once you have applied for graduation, the Records and Registration Office will begin working with you on your final graduation audit. Be sure to let them know of changes in your application. Below is all the information you need to prepare for the commencement ceremony, including cap and gown information, when to arrive to the ceremony, what to wear, and where to stay in the area.
Graduation Information »
Graduate BBQ Luncheon RSVP »
News Release Form »
Health Care Enrollment Flyer for Students
Baccalaureate Invitation »
Montreat College’s graduation ceremony is held at 2 p.m. in lower Anderson Auditorium in Montreat, NC. Commencement normally takes place on a Saturday, usually in December and May. All graduates participating in commencement ceremonies must wear a black cap, tassel, and a gown appropriate to the degree. Students should not wear jeans or tennis shoes to this ceremony For further assistance with graduation attire, contact the College Bookstore at 828.669.8012, ext 3602.
1. Assemble at Upper Anderson at 1:15 p.m. for line-up. You will be given instructions from there.
2. Doors open for general seating at 12:30. We ask that all cell phones be turned off.
Directions to Montreat College »
Area Accommodations »