At Montreat, students are prepared for the real world. Part of the preparation happens through our student work program. You can gain practical experience, earn money toward your education, and contribute to your campus community. Did we mention you can save on gas, too? All positions are on-campus, an easy walk to work from our residence halls.
Apply for a position
Please follow the instructions below to apply for a Student Work position:
- Go to www.collegecentral.com/montreat.
- Register as a student.
- Upload your resume that you created with the Microsoft Word template or your existing resume.
- Click Search for Jobs/Opportunities Posted at My School.
- Choose Work Study as your JOB TYPE.
- Click on Begin Search.
- To apply for the job, click on Submit to Posting at the bottom of the Job Detail page and your résumé will be sent to the Work & Vocation Office.
What happens after I submit my resume?
- Your resume will come to the Work & Vocation Office electronically.
- It will be reviewed and then sent to the staff/faculty supervisor(s).
- It is possible that you will simply be placed in a position, but in some cases, you may be contacted to have an interview with a faculty/staff.
Please note: There are many more students eligible for work positions than there are positions available. A Student Work position is not guaranteed.
Most positions pay $7.25 per hour and require about 10 hours per week.
Students turn in timesheets on the 5th of the month, and Pay Day is around the 15th of the following month.
Serve the community
If you are placed in a community service position, you will provide valuable service to the college and contribute to the vibrant community that makes Montreat thrive. We have community service positions in Black Mountain, Ridgecrest and Montreat. If you have your own transportation and have the heart to serve the community, please contact the Work & Vocation Office for more information at firstname.lastname@example.org.