Whether you’re looking for an art exhibition, some whitewater, or a basket of home-cut fries, you can find it at Montreat. A place you come to deepen your faith and your smarts—and for our rugged surroundings and eclectic culture, too.
A warm welcome.
Our main campus is cradled by the beautiful Black Mountain range of western North Carolina. Our nearest community is the cozy, artisan-driven town of Black Mountain. A 20-minute drive down I-40 leads to the culturally diverse city of Asheville, appropriately named one of the “Best Outside Towns.” (If you like outdoor adventure, then you’re in the right place.) But that’s not all—we enjoy good food, good fellowship, good music, and a wide variety of cultural events. Come see for yourself.
What can I do on a visit?
- Experience our weekly chapel service (Open Door Thursday)
- Tour the campus with a current student
- Meet with admissions and financial aid representatives
- Meet with professors and coaches
- Enjoy a free lunch
- See a dorm room
- Visit a class
|Popular venues and attractions
- The Orange Peel
- The White Horse Black Mountain
- The Grove Arcade
- Drum Circle
- The Grey Eagle
- Asheville Civic Center and Thomas Wolfe Auditorium
- Basilica of St. Lawrence
- The Biltmore Estate
- The Grove Park Inn
- Blue Ridge Parkway
- Rumbling Bald
- Great Smoky Mountains National Park
- Bent Creek Experimental Forest
- Linville Gorge
- Kitsuma Trail
- Pisgah National Forest
- Chimney Rock State Park